I'm giving you the option to quit!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by MuckeyBusiness, May 27, 2009.

1. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 27, 2009

Yesterday things came up with my co-teacher in a meeting with my boss. My boss said we'll all take the evening to think of the options. I came in this morning and my boss said some things to me and then said I can give you the option to quit. I said do I go back to my class or leave and she's like leave.

I'm ok with this. I have a mom who will give me a full time nannying job. I've never done nannying and don't know how much to charge. I babysitt her kids on the weekend and she pays me 10 bucks an hour. Can someone give me the ins and outs of being a nanny.... like everything with pay and what i should talk to the mom about and EVERYTHING!!!

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 27, 2009

I don't have any nannying tips, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that this has happened to you.

4. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

May 27, 2009

I agree. I've never nannied, but I am sorry that you have to go through this.

5. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

May 27, 2009

While I do feel for you, I think this might be a blessing in disguise. I had a similar meeting with my supervisor in February and she said if I was not happy, I should leave (not put so forcefully, she was nice about it). I knew I had been very unhappy, so I gave my notice.

I wound up substituting in high school for the rest of this year, go figure. I have so much less stress and unhappiness. And I'm looking for a nannying job for this summer, and then hopefully a teaching job for the fall.

As far as nannying, pay depends on how many kids, how old they are, other things you'll be expected to do (make dinner? do housework?). I've heard of anything from $25-50 a day around here depending on how much the parent is willing to pay.

Definitely get the doctor's info, all the parents' numbers, any allergy info, hours you'll be working, how you'll handle sick leave. What are okay places to take the kids and do you get any fun money for activities with the kids? Do you get vacation time (and do you get paid if they're on vacation to hold the child's spot)? Are you paid under the table or will they be filing you for taxes?

Good luck on your new adventure! :)

6. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 27, 2009

Miss J. has great advice for what info you need to collect from the parent(s).

I agree, it's more than likely a blessing in disguise!

7. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

May 28, 2009

visit nannynetwork . com for some nanny info...

All the best!

8. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 28, 2009

I talked with the lady and we're going to do 300 salary for 4 days and a day off and then an evening on the weekends

now for the nanny contract... any ideas?