I'm Getting an InterWrite Board...

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Oct 18, 2013.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Oct 18, 2013

My classroom was supposed to get an InterWrite board by September but it was backordered. I just found out today that it will be here next week! So now i'm in a little bit of a freak out mode. I am so excited to get one of these. I used SmartBoards during both of my student teachings placements & loved them. I know the InterWrite board is similar. However, I just feel a little overwhelmed because I don't know where to begin...Here are my questions for you...What are some of your favorite uses for this board? Can you recommend any resources/websites to me? AND LASTLY, I know there is a lot out there to buy, especially on TpT...but if the lesson/activity is made for a Smartboard will it also be accessible on an InterWrite? THANKS!

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Oct 18, 2013

I have no idea what an InterWrite board is, but we recently got Epson interactive projectors at our school (They turn any surface into an interactive whiteboard - in my case, the center of my actual whiteboard), so I'm kind of in the same situation you're in - a board without the "traditional" SMART or Promethean programs. I downloaded the free version (personal, not professional - I guess it's not as good but I can still do plenty with it) of Promethean's ActivInspire (here's a link) and with that, I'm able to go on www.prometheanplanet.com and use flipcharts I find online. Today, a coworker told me we can also use SMART notebook files online, but I haven't looked into that yet. Someone else might be more help, so I will be following this with interest!

I see you're in K - I've used Starfall, PBS kids, and various other websites in my lessons. There are TONS of games that can be played whole class. Recently, I used these pattern blocks for a lesson. Seriously, just google "____ interactive whiteboard" or something like that and you will get SO much.

4. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Oct 18, 2013

I have a Promethean Board and you can download notebooks for SmartBoard and import them into ActivInspire. It's possible that you can do the same with your board. Enjoy, your new toy!

5. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Oct 19, 2013

The smartboard is such a awesome tool to have. I use it for whole group lessons, transitions, story time is great because I can now be really active an engaged and move around to act out the story.

6. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Oct 19, 2013

Can you explain more about this? I only have the free version of ActivInspire (the personal version I think?) because I don't have an actual Promethean board, but I would love to have access to SmartBoard lessons as well!