I'm freaking out help! HUGE MISTAKE

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by 1stYearTeacher, Jun 27, 2007.

1. 1stYearTeacher

1stYearTeacher Companion

Jun 27, 2007

I made a huge mistake today. I just dropped off my resume and cover letter at my dream district and forgot to sign my cover letter! HELP should I call or email the human resource director? What do I do? please someone I am pretty much freaking out right now.

3. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

I may not be much help because I emailed all mine so I never signed them, but I bet it doesnt really matter. I personally think that if they don't consider you because your forgot to sign your cover letter they aren't worth working for. Just my thought...but then again I don't know the county. I messed up on the survey I had to take for my interveiw and I thought there would be no way they would hire me but they said that they expect people to make mistakes. It all worked out. :) Just my thought...

4. 1stYearTeacher

1stYearTeacher Companion

Jun 27, 2007

Well I tend to worry a lot so I just had to call to make sure. As soon as I said my name the woman remembered me and knew what I was calling about. She said it wasn't a problem.... Sometimes we worry about the silliest things I guess.

This sounds silly now but hey maybe she will "remember my name" because of this and it will help me stand out. You never know I guess.

5. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 27, 2007

Well, I don't think it'll hav an impact;)

Buut I bet they will remember you now:)

6. weisemaries

weisemaries Rookie

Jun 27, 2007

I forgot to sign a cover letter--and I still got an interview. It shouldn't matter.

Good Luck!!

7. January_Violet

January_Violet Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

I don't think it's a huge mistake. You will be fine. Also, email or drop off your resume at schools. Districts take too long and asking for an interview at the local schools gets you in the door faster. Good luck.

8. 1stYearTeacher

1stYearTeacher Companion

Jun 27, 2007

I would hand deliver my resume except for the fact that there are 34 elementary schools in the district. I just don't have the time nor resources on my budget to compose 34 packets.

9. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 27, 2007

Email! That's what Im doing.. One of my districts has 31 schoools; another has 30.

It would take me forever to hand deliver and neither district is really close by (One is 45 minutes from here....the other 2 hours)

10. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Jun 27, 2007

I don't even think they'll notice!!