i'm freakin out!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Teacheroo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Teacheroo

Teacheroo Companion

Jul 18, 2007

I have a day and a half to get my room (and all my planning, etc) ready for students on Monday morning. I don't know what I was thinking not going in yesterday, but I would have had to bring in my 2 year old and that is obviously counter-productive. Ugh. I'm a second year teacher, but feel like I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm so overwhelmed!!! and here I am on this forum again, procrastinating. :) I'm just venting. :eek:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2007

Can you hire a teenager to watch your 2 year old for a while? Even an upper elementary kid: bring them both along and you can keep an eye on things while you work.

4. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2007

I know what you mean- my four year old comes with me sometimes and I feel like for every step forward, I take 4 back. See if you can go at night when you can get your husband or family member or friend to watch your 2 year old.

Take it one project at a time- do the walls, then start moving inward and around the room.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 19, 2007

Better yet, get a sitter at home and go in with a positive attitude. Your room doesn't have to be perfect, just presentable. You can do this.

(I'm sorry you start back so early. :( )

6. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2007

Not only can you hire a babysitter, can you rope someone in to help a bit in the room to do the dirty work? Niece, cousin, neighbor, friend? Last year I had my husband move the heavy stuff for an hour. My two nieces (12 years old) helped by putting down name tags, rewinding tapes, sorting books, putting paper away, etc.

7. missdq

missdq Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

ur classes are already set up?? when do u start school? we start at the end of August.

8. Teacheroo

Teacheroo Companion

Jul 20, 2007

You guys are great. My son is in preschool now, the problem was that he didn't start until Wednesday and I had no one to watch him prior. I have a whole day to work tomorrow and my school will be open on the weekend also (when the hubby can watch baby). I'm hoping my pro-teacher friend will come in on Saturday with me.
    I got a ton of help from my new teammates today. They gave me a bunch of lesson ideas for the first week. I've realized that the problem is that I'm so overwhelmed because I did not have a first week last year, another teacher started my class and I got hired after they began.
    And yes, missdq, we are set up (well, will be). We start Monday, 8 am! We are a year round school so I've only been out for 3 weeks.

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 20, 2007

I don't know why it takes me forever to set up my room. I see others come in and get it done in 2 days. There is no way I can do that. I usually spend a solid week before teacher work week, and the odd day here and there before that. I don't even have everything down from last year yet. And this year will be worse because I'm changing grades.

10. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Jul 20, 2007

I am glad that I have my room finished and my binder, tests, and notes. I had to work on five bulletin boards and go through 4 cabinets but I have been finished for awhile. I have been going to the school off and on since it ended. I just have a few odds and ends i will finished the 30th and 31st after my last summer trip. I had my kids help me but mine are much older.