I'm blogging this year...Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by **Mrs.A**, Jul 24, 2011.

1. **Mrs.A**

**Mrs.A** Comrade

Jul 24, 2011

I found kidblog.org and I'm going to have my kids blogging this year..I'm excited!! Anyone else exploring the world of blogging?? Any tips or suggestions you can share?

3. juliechsa

juliechsa Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

I'm trying this also this year and am interested in what people have to say.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2011

I'm going to my students start blogging this coming year--it will be a learning experience for all of us.

5. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2011

I have a blog for teachers and I have a blog for my classroom. I am thinking about having the kids blog this year. I'm just not sure if I want them to do their own so that it is more like an online portfolio or if I would have them take turns blogging on our class site.

6. wvteach

wvteach Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

Love the idea of a class blog. I think I may try this out this year. Thanks so much for the info!!

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2011

I have just started blogging. Well, sort of. I started when I first came here to Mexico to just write about my experience, but I never kept up with it. But as far as teaching, I think I could keep up with that one (I've already written about 7-8 posts) because I love teaching. There's also a lot of blogs out there from teachers, so it's really great to get ideas and suggestions as well.

8. futureteacher23

futureteacher23 New Member

Jul 25, 2011

This is a great idea - are you going to have them blog about things you're learning in class or other random ideas to improve their writing skills?

9. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2011

If this has been mentioned before I would just need to be directed to the the correct message board. What blog sites would you recommend using? I know there are many choices for teacher websites, but I am looking for something different and we are required to have some form of class website.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2011

I'm going to be using edublogs.org for my class.

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2011

That site looks lovely! I have already blogged personally before, but it may be even neater to have two students maintain a blog together. So for my 22 students, there would be 11 blogs... and then my own (http://jasztalville.net/weblog) .