im a very worried student at the time please reply:(

Discussion in 'Behavior Management Archives' started by Guest, May 10, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

May 10, 2003

hey i needed to talk to a few teahers since im probobly going to be suspended on mondaay heres the thing thanks to peer pressure when we had a substitute everyone was trowing papaerrrr air planes out of our 2nd floor class room and i was dared to throw out one of the chairs wich i did now the whole school is talking about it and the sub left a note for my teacher in wich he explains that it was probobly a guy who did it ( im a freshman in highschool GIRL) im sooooooo scared ive been on high honor roll 3 quarters in a row never had a detention and im terrified of what my dean will make my punishment to be please teachers out there help me im a good girl i seriously am but instead of teelling me stuff like why would you do something like that in the first place i would prefer u give me some tips please.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2003

The only mature way to handle an error in judgement is to admit your wrongdoing, apologize, state what you know was wrong, accept the consequences and promise not to do any such thing again. There is no easy way out of a messy situation and you shouldn't look for one. Even good students make mistakes sometimes. Own up.

4. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

May 10, 2003

alma damage is done

Dont make the situation worse.
    damage is already done- maybe you can fess up and not take others down with you. Dont name anyone else and just tell what your involvement was. By admitting errors there may be a leniency. What behavior you think SHOULD have been used on that day may also be admitted when confessing. This way it will show you have learned your lesson.

I have no sympathy for you- I HATE when my students behave any differently when I am in or absent. I wouldnt expect you to behave any differently and think if i was administration, i would make it clear that these kind of behaviors can not be condoned.

5. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

May 11, 2003

I agree that you need to admit what you did. What is the worst that can happen? If you are as good of a student as you say, then the consequences of your actions shouldn't be too bad if this is your first offense. Everyone does irrational things once in awhile, be glad that you didn't hurt anyone or anything, right? Others know it was you who threw the chair and not a guy, so whether or not you admit it, others know you did it. If it comes right down to it, if someone else is accused, they will tell that it was you who threw the chair anyway. Do the right thing. Take responsibility for what you did and don't do it again.

Also, you might want to tell your parents if you haven't already. Most parents hate being the last to know and if you do get in trouble, they probably won't be as hard on you. You should probably apologize to your teacher and if possible, the substitute.

6. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

May 17, 2003

Alma, I am curious, how did things go? Did you own up to what you did, and what were the consequences last Monday? I really couldn't add any more advice than what these other posters said, but just wanted to see if you took their advice and what happened afterwards.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Jun 3, 2003

hey babe i got the same problem. play the blame game and use the peer preasure thing that sounded good. and if you do good in school maybe theyll give you a break good luck!!!