If you have an iphone with at&t, are you happy with your plan? which plan do you have

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2010

So, I had to return my wonderful ipod to costco because it became glitchy. They were out so I left without a new ipod. :(

So, are you happy with it?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 1, 2010

I love my iphone!!! I can't remember what plan I'm on, but I can tell you that I pay the same amount every month, and even with the required $30/month for internet package, I'm paying less than I was with Verizon.

4. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2010

I have the iPhone4 and have the unlimited $30 per month media plan. You can't get the unlimited plan anymore. I love my iPhone and wouldn't get any other kind!

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2010

I love my iPhone (phone calls aren't that great though), but I dropped it on Friday and the screen cracked! I've only had it about a month. Luckily it still works and I'll use it until I have to get it fixed.

I have a $25 per month media plan.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2010

Hmm, and with the $25 plan, you can't just go on the internet anywhere, right? Do you have to be within one of those wifi routers?

I wouldn't mind starting on the $25 plan and then moving up when I am not in such a money crunch. Do you know if they'll let you move up to a different data plan during your contract?

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 2, 2010

My husband and I just switched to the $15 a month data plan because we weren't using nearly that much data, so that reduced our phone bill by $30 a month. I would start with the $15 plan. We can still use the 3G for Internet when we need to. The overage rates are not that bad, if you do go over!

8. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 2, 2010

see my new thread about my phone. I have ATT too!

9. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Sep 2, 2010

I have an iPhone 4 through AT&T and it has terrible reception. I drop at least 50% of my calls. From doing some online searching, I've heard that AT&T and the iPhone are not compatible. I've known several people that have had to replace theirs. Not sure if my problem is due to AT&T or Apple, but it drives me insane! Aside from that, it's a very fun phone.

10. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 2, 2010

The Samsung Captivate from ATT is really nice and a lot of people like it better than the iPhones from my research on sites like cnet.com! I like how you can customize what you want and get rid of what you don't want (aka clutter!) on your phone.

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2010

I kind of need my phone to make and accept phone calls effectively. :lol:

12. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 3, 2010

My husband has the new iPhone, he loves the phone for all the apps and everything. But AT&T sucks...they constantly drop calls like nobody's business. We're all on a family plan, it's cheap so we stay on it...but AT&T is not the best out there. Maybe next year they'll open it open to the other services?

13. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2010

I rarely call anyone. So, for me, talking is not a huge issue. I'll have to ask my friends about dropped calls. Everyone I know has an iphone. Oh, and I've been with at&t for five years now and never had issues with dropped calls. I'm guessing this is a problem seen only with the iphones??

14. bros

bros Phenom

Sep 3, 2010

The problem with reception and the iPhone 4 lies with apple, because if you hold it a certain way, it loses signal

15. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2010

Hmmm, well, I was thinking about getting the 3GS anyways. I wonder if that one has problems.

16. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Sep 3, 2010

The reception issue with the iPhone is solved (so they say) if you get a case for it, which you would want anyway. I've been with AT&T for almost 10 years and have never had reception issues until I got the iPhone. I don't make a ton of calls either but it's embarrassing when I use it for business and have to call people back. I have the 3GS.

17. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 4, 2010

The 3GS works just fine, the iPhone 4 is the one with reception problems. Yes, they send you a free "bumper" and it actually looks decent. But my husband carries his phone in a side thing, and with the bumper it no longer fits in there.

It's not just the reception of the iPhone 4...I guess it just depends on your area. We've had AT&T for a long time as well...but only have had problems with dropped calls the last 2 years.

18. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 5, 2010

I love my husband's iPhone, and I was planning on getting one when my contract is up in April, but we're both annoyed that AT&T no longer has the unlimited data plan. (My husband has the $30 unlimited data plan, but I won't.) We're actually considering going with another provider, like Sprint, who does have an unlimited data plan.

I did want to mention the Otter Box, though. It's a sturdy plastic protective covering that snaps over your phone, with a protective screen. Then there is a rubber covering to go over that. It's about $50, but well worth it. I've dropped my husband's phone a few times, and he dropped it out in a rain storm. I don't want to know what would have happened had we not bought the Otter Box for his phone.

19. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 5, 2010

I'll have to check out the otter box. Thanks.

Tennis, I did look into that phone you were talking about. Wow, it's a little too steep for me.

I ended up buying the iphone 3GS for $99, less than my ipod touch. My brother was trying to convince me to get an android, but I think I'll be happy with the iphone. :)