If you get lunch...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by JustMe, Sep 13, 2013.

1. mkate

mkate Comrade

Sep 16, 2013

We get out for the day at 3pm, and have lunch then (we eat later in Spain.) However we also have 30 minute recess every day, with duty on a rotating basis. If we are not on duty that day, we can go have a coffee in the staff room. I usually take an apple or snack out to the playground with me if I have duty because I need to eat (the kids all bring snacks, too.)

2. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Sep 16, 2013

I was in the same situation last year. I had prep and then lunch, so it all melded together into one large break and I didn't mind helping anyone or taking my time.

This year my prep is at the end of the day, and lunch is the only time I have to switch gears from one course to a completely different one, and on Wednesday I don't have anytime at all so I have to prepare while I have my previous class because they come right in.

I'm a bit more stingy during lunch now. Kids come in, but I will not usually hang out and talk with them as I used to last year. I'm busy running around and will not hesitate to kick them out if I need to leave the room.