IEP meeting

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by lcr, Oct 2, 2005.

1. lcr

lcr Companion

Oct 2, 2005

I am a fourth grade general education teacher. This year I am doing a form of inclusion with the kids who are in the room next to mine. Half of the Sped teacher's kids come over for science and half of mine go to her class for science. The next lesson we switch kids. She grades her own students' work.

Basically I am having a hard time when I go to the IEP meetings. On average I see the same student once or twice a week for 45 minutes. I have observations on their participation and behavior, but that's about it. What other data should I have to share at the meetings?

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Oct 2, 2005

I would say that if you are only seeing the students for such a short period of time and are not grading their work, then the observations about participation and behavior seem to be all you can bring to the meeting. Maybe you could go over the students' work with the Sp.Ed. teacher so that you have a better idea of how they're doing and will be able to discuss these things at the meetings.

4. lcr

lcr Companion

Oct 2, 2005

I think I'll do that. Thanks!

5. teacherchick

teacherchick Companion

Oct 2, 2005

stick with your observations and their participation in the class things they do well with and what they may struggle with.