ideas to keep name and pictures on group table

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Morah, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Morah

Morah New Member

Sep 21, 2020

Hello,
    I am looking for creative idea for a small issue I'm having.I teach a special education class for students with moderate to severe disabilities. I like to have set seats at my group table. I try to mark the spots with the students' names along with a picture of themselves. In the past, I've use packing tape to secure the pictures and names to the table. The problem is, that some of my students tend to pick at the tape and pull the pictures and names off the table. I've tried two different brands of packing tape, but it has not been strong enough to prevent students from peeling it off. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to secure the pictures and name tags to the table? Or maybe a brand of really strong tape?

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 22, 2020

How about laminating the names and pictures and then using spray glue to attach them to the table. At least, they won't be destroyed if the students are able to pick them off.

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Sep 22, 2020

Can you write on it with a dry erase marker? You can always rewrite if they rub them off.

bella84 likes this.
  5. Morah

Morah New Member

Sep 23, 2020

thanks for the idea! where would I find spray glue?

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 24, 2020

You can find spray glue in most craft or big box stores. Online if you live in the boonies.

7. Morah

Morah New Member

Oct 4, 2020

Thanks for this idea! I laminated the names and then taped them on. so although they got pulled off, I was able to immediately re-tape it, instead of having to wait till the end of the day to reprint the name tags again. thank you!!