Ideas for sports theme!!!!! HELP

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by skittleroo, Jun 7, 2009.

1. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2009

I am moving to a new school this next year. This school does school-wide theme. This next year it will be sports.

I will be teaching kinder. I want to do a sport that not every other teacher will do. I was thinking about racing. But I am open to other suggestions to. I live in Texas so I'm pretty sure football will be done alot.

Please help me think of things related to the racing theme or any other good sports themes? I need clever bulletin board sayings, decorations, etc.

Thanks so much!

3. kidsr#1

kidsr#1 Companion

Jun 7, 2009

Really Good Stuff has themed bulletin board sets. I believe they have a website. A lot of times I look at catalogs and write down the titles they have from their bulletin board themes. Try google for racing theme sayings. You'd be surprised how many things will show up. I believe Beth Newingham's site was racing them. You can google search her. Black and white checker fabric or table cloths would be good/easy decorations, too. Our Dollar Tree has large posters of race car drivers for $1 be careful they don't have beer advertisements though.

Sayings:

Race into Reading, Leading the Pack with Good Behavior,

4. cmgeorge626

cmgeorge626 Companion

Jun 8, 2009

I'm pretty sure Really Good Stuff had a whole Racing theme for back to school too!

Also look into Oriental Trading. We do a school-wide theme also and I can always find tons of inexpensive things there!

5. FallCreekGal82

FallCreekGal82 Companion

Jun 8, 2009

At the beginning of the year I have taken pictures of my students with a racing background. Title of the bulletin board is Mrs/Miss Smith's Pit Crew. Kids liked seeing themselves as a part of the classroom.