Ideas for required word walls

Discussion in 'General Education' started by peridotylayne, May 15, 2009.

1. peridotylayne

peridotylayne Companion

May 15, 2009

I'm planning for next year and need to put my requisition order for next year in by monday. I've been thinking about the word walls we're required to put up for science and social studies.. and I figure I might as well put one up for math, since that's the third subject I teach. This year the three word walls took up the entire length of the chalkboard in the back of my room.. and i'd like to use that space for something else..

I was thinking (and i'd like to know if you think this will work) about hot glueing magnetic strips to the wall and then sticking up three magnetic pocket chart (lakeshore). I'm hoping 1. that they will stay up and 2. i'll be able to switch the words out quickly..

What do you think?

3. MsX

MsX Companion

May 16, 2009

Sounds like I good idea. My school is really fussy about our walls (we have to use special tape!) so I wouldn't be able to hot glue anything to it, but if you're allowed, then go for it! I use those scheduling pocket charts for my subject word walls. They work great and, you're right, they're easy to switch words in and out of.