Ideas for free Halloween party?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Backroads, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Oct 29, 2018

So, bit of a conundrum. I did not get a single room parent to sign up in my room. Which I didn't think was so big a deal until I realized the school traditionally had class Halloween parties, traditionally thrown by the room parents. (It's been the better part of a decade since I was at a "party" school so it wasn't something that was on my radar).

I'm on Stage 3 of Desperately Calling Parents, but there still might be a chance I'll be throwing together a party myself and... we're actually broke right now.

So, looking for ideas for a completely cost-free Halloween party.

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Oct 29, 2018

Bingo, word search, seek and find picture, free games from TPT. Tell the kids they can bring a snack to eat while playing.
    Our party is low-key, and while I am all for fun, I don’t believe I need to provide every experience for events such as this. All of the area churches have Trunk or Treat.

otterpop likes this.
  4. Aces

Aces Devotee

Oct 29, 2018

Our science department staged a murder investigation for our students with stuff we already had in our supplies. We just finished setting up this evening. We left bloody hand prints everywhere. It should be fun, hopefully.

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 30, 2018

At this point I would say just to ask them to bring in whatever they like and I like the bingo idea or some other game you find online.

6. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Comrade

Oct 30, 2018

Watch Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin (which I believe is on Teacher Tube).

nklauste and otterpop like this.
  7. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Oct 30, 2018

I don't think any kids would ever complain about a movie afternoon where they can bring snacks.

otterpop likes this.