Ideas for Earning Whole Class Reward

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 19, 2012

I have done marbles and fuzzy pom-poms in a jar every time the class receives a compliment or does something I feel deserves recognition. I have seen paper chains that you start at the ceiling and try to get them to reach the floor and then the class earns a reward. I have also seen the class earn pieces of a puzzle.

What other ideas do you use as whole class rewards? I am looking for something new and creative, but I'm stumped.

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 19, 2012

I'm using a Mr. Potato Head this year-each compliment we add a part to him-when it's complete, class reward.

4. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2012

I do an acts of kindness chart - blank 100 chart, we add names when one student does something kind for another. When the chart is full, they get a treat/movie/extra recess/etc.

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2012

I do the pom poms- so I'm no help. I like them because they're easy to give- easy to take away. (My co-teacher and I will remove some for excessive talking during independent practice, poor overall behavior on a fire drill/at an assembly, etc.)

6. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Aug 19, 2012

I am doing brownie points. They fill the pan with brownies and get brownies as a class reward.

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 19, 2012

I do the pom poms, too. They're TRIBBLES (totally rocking, incredibly behaved, brilliantly learning, exceptional students) I have a space theme, so the tribbles were a good fit. I used to do BUGs (Being Unusually Good) and that consisted of bug rings that were caught and put on a stick (a painted, decorated papertowel holder).

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2012

I really like this idea!

9. Falcon Flyer

Falcon Flyer Companion

Aug 20, 2012

I use die cut letters that spell out a word or phrase such as "we can follow the rules" or "we can be good friends." It's fun to see the sentence get longer one letter at a time, especially when it says, "we can be goo." They love that. I reward them with lunch in the classroom when the sentence is complete.

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 20, 2012

When the class fills a jar with macaroni we celebrate. I also use it for when I'm counting down to gather the kids (i.e. I need everyone at the carpet in 10 seconds - 10... 9...). Whatever number I'm at when everyone is at the carpet is the number of macaroni they earn.

11. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Aug 21, 2012

I really like this!!