Ideas for dicipline??

Discussion in 'Secondary Education Archives' started by angeluv73, Mar 6, 2007.

1. angeluv73

angeluv73 Rookie

Mar 6, 2007

:thanks: I have some quick write forms I give to students to copy when they are sent out due to disruption...anyone have some other ideas??? Im tired of the same ol ones!!

3. misswhammy

misswhammy Rookie

Mar 6, 2007

For punish work, you could have them copy the appendices or glossaries located in the back of the textbooks.

I also have sheets made up that discuss self-control, following directions, etc. that students can do for more work.

4. lisap

lisap Companion

Mar 10, 2007

Have them call and interrupt their parents at work to tell them why they have a punishment. (Hopefully the parents will be upset and consequences will carry through at home.)

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2007

There's always a dictionary page or the Bill of Rights.

I have them multiply their phone number (with area code) by their zip code (by hand, of course) Then I check it by calculator. They have to stay until they get it right or I'm feeling generous, whichever comes first.

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 10, 2007

My 4th grade teacher often had us copy the definition of "run" or something just as long from her (big, heavy, scary) unabridged dictionary. Kids rarely needed to receive that punishment more than once. :)

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2007

How about all the definitions if "the" or "of"??:D

Or, for some creative writing, have them define those words and keep at it till it's done (or, more likely, till you have mercy??)

8. katrinkit

katrinkit Comrade

Mar 18, 2007

We have a teacher at our school who has the students write a 5-paragraph essay about whatever they did. The last one I know about was why we do not play rock, paper, scissors in church. They have to prewrite, write a draft and final copy.