Ideas for class rewards

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by VANewbie, Sep 27, 2010.

1. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 27, 2010

I need ideas for small group awards. Not really anything like extra recess since I have to be able to watch the rest of the class as well.

So far I have

no homework pass
    eat lunch with the teacher
    read with a buddy
    computer time-although I only have 3 computers..not enough for a whole group
    chalk at recess

anything else?

I made the mistake of giving my first 3 winning groups food everytime a group won.
    Now they want more. ice cream popcorn, pizza, candy.
    I need to nip this now early in the year.

Also now I feel like I can't give stickers since I made the prizes so big in the beginning of the year. Now to them they will say "its not fair"
    ugh:confused::lol::confused:

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 28, 2010

*Write in pen/marker/crayon (whatever they don't usually get to use)
    *Sit in a different seat
    *Do work on a white board (I've had kids that will do ANYTHING for it, lol)

When I did my ST in 2nd, the winner of the table points for the week got something special hanging above their desks for the week... just something seasonal, but they LOVED it.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Sep 28, 2010

sit by a friend, draw on the whiteboard, pass to visit a former teacher, lunch with principal, line leader, do morning announcements, write the date....

5. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Sep 28, 2010

I have done sit in the teacher's chair, principal's helper, lunch with a teacher (sometimes it's another teacher on the grade level, or resource teacher, that they don't get much time with), a special project that you need help with, helper (in PreK room), writing a letter to someone on stationary.

My favorites are ones where they get something done for me. It accomplishes something I need to get done, and they always think it is the best thing ever.

6. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Sep 28, 2010

shoes off for the day (or part of the day), bring a stuffed animal, .....nevermind - I was giving whole class awards... didn't see the "small group" part til now... but I guess they could still work!

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 29, 2010

I've had kids redeem PBIS reward tickets for a chance to help out in my classroom. So, once i get to know those kids (or at their teacher's suggestions), they can do things like file work into portfolios, read to kids, cut/color for a project, or take down bulletin boards. Sometimes the'yre my "Helper" to show the kids how to do something at blocks, art, etc. They LOVED it.

8. PowerTeacher

PowerTeacher Comrade

Sep 29, 2010

Play a game.