Ideal "Average" Weekend

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by linswin23, Sep 8, 2012.

1. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 8, 2012

What is your ideal normal weekend like, not a vacation/trip weekend?

3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Sep 8, 2012

Something that has the balance of fun/exciting/interesting and relaxing.
    I don't want it to be action-packed, but I also don't want to have nothing to do.

Example: last night I had a date, tonight I'm going salsa dancing with my friends. Other than that I'll be at home, going to the gym, clean, run errands, but generally have nothing to do. That's how I like it :)

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 8, 2012

Friday: Do absolutely nothing.
    Saturday: Get something to eat, maybe watch a movie at home.
    Sunday: Do absolutley nothing.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 8, 2012

I have a 3-day weekend EVERY week (Mons off). I have some Fridays off too, so I may have a 4-day weekend sometimes.

I'm still in grad school, so there's ALWAYS some HW & a test due every Sun night by 11:55pm. I'm doing an online program. Typically on Fri, I stay home after getting home from work. Sat, I try to go out & do something. I usually stay around my area, browse/shop Target &/or the mall, sometimes the movies. Maybe once or twice a month, I'll go on a farther day trip. Sunday's more the relax-at-home day to finish up HW & do some house chores. Every Mon, if nothing else, I have to wash my hair for the following work week.

6. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 8, 2012

Ahh I'm jealous you have Mondays off! So nice!

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 8, 2012

Yes, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my work schedule & don't ever want it to change! :D From Sept - May, I have 1 or 2 Fridays off a month as well. Then, There's 2 times that I even have a Thurs off. It's up to me what days I give myself off. And no, I'm not working any longer hours than usual on the days I do go to work. It's generally 7:30a - 2:30p.

If an exciting event's going on, like the auto show, fair, live theatrical performance, ice show, pro tennis match, pet expo, etc., I'll definitely go! Oh & I like to eat out!

8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 8, 2012

This!

9. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 8, 2012

LOVE IT!!!! That's how my weekend is going to be!

10. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Sep 8, 2012

Fri night: pizza night & veg in front of the TV
    Sat: grocery shopping, bagel pick-up (I pick up bagels from a bagel shop & bag them up for our church's food pantry). Sometimes errand running. Football!
    Sun: Finish any chores that need to be done. Sunday night is another night to veg in front of the TV.

We don't go out to eat very often, too expensive. We're mostly homebodies. Sometimes, there are sports events or school events on Saturdays in the fall. DS is home sick & can't run cross country until at least Friday, so nothing special this weekend.

11. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 8, 2012

Same here, we don't go out to eat very often. It's so expensive!

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

Sleep in
    Read a book
    Go out to lunch
    Go to a movie
    Make a nice dinner

And ideally the house would be clean already. :lol:

13. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2012

Fri. out to dinner - hopefully with adult kids or friends
    Sat. - not much, recovering from week
    Sun. - darn - got to do everything - groceries, errands, clean house, laundry, lesson planning

My goasl: To do laundry on Thursday night. Plan meals on Sat. so much of it is prepped after I go shopping Sunday. Keep up with things more during the week. Have more fun.

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

A typical weekend for us:
    Friday: dh and I meet up with friends for a few adult beverages...then home to order out
    Saturday:coffee on a tray in bed, errands, cheer on sons' rugby teams, cook out (tonight is DH's bday so we're going out for Mexican..the place we go has a strolling mariachi band)
    Sunday: dh plays baseball, football or baseball on tv, yard work...I love my gardens!

15. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 8, 2012

My normal weekends are very ordinary.

Friday Nights: Usually I just come home from work, cook something for supper, and mess around on the computer most of the evening. From time to time some friends will want to go out for supper. In the fall I've been known to take in a high school football game. I hate football, but I like the marching band. Plus, it's free admission for faculty. About once a month I'll drive to the next town for groceries. I'll make a late-night trip to the gym.

Saturdays: I love sleeping late. I'll cook lunch, and sometimes I'll prep whatever I'm making for supper. Sometimes I'll cook for Sunday, too. Saturday is also the day I'll do laundry and clean house. Today I swept floors, but I didn't have any laundry. If I have yard work (not mowing, that's a Thursday job) I'll do it Saturday. I made a trip to the gym today. That's a new thing for the past month. Some days my friends want to catch a movie or shop.

Sundays: I get up at 9:30. Church is at 11:00. I'll eat lunch with Mom and her boyfriend. I work on school stuff when I get home. I go the gym in the evenings.

16. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2012

Friday - Ideally I leave work at 2:45 (as soon as I can) and don't bring anything home. Promptly fall asleep - I love Friday naps. By the time BF gets home, I am awake and ready to go out to dinner but of course he doesn't get the nap so he usually just wants to stay in. So we either have an easy dinner of pasta or we get chinese or a pizza. Works for me.

Saturday: Sleep in, take a couple of hours or less to get the house in order together, then spend the rest of the day together, maybe go out to lunch or dinner, do something fun like play mini golf or a board game, go out with friends, etc., or just snuggle and watch a movie.

Sunday: Watch the Sunday morning show, make up a menu for the week and go shopping. Basically make sure I am ready to go for the week. BF races a lot on Sundays and it is nice to have the day to myself. Usually I will make a nice dinner and get any school work done that I brought home.

17. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Sep 8, 2012

Friday-DH and I sometimes go to our favorite local pub for a burger, otherwise we relax at home
    Saturday-clean up house, laundry, yard work, grocery shopping (if needed), go see son's band if they are playing. Sometimes we have our friends over to play cards
    Sunday-finish up Saturday's chores, relax, cook Sunday dinner and have our best friend (a bachelor) and my son over.

18. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 8, 2012

Oh how I love weekends! My husband and I discovered a new used bookstore that just opened in our area--we got two books for only 7 bucks.

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2012

I would love to go between these two...and sometimes I do!!

Most weekends are:
    Friday~football game if we're at home, maybe a movie with my daughter
    Sat~sleeping in, breakfast at this one place, cleaning house with my daughter, laundry, etc, watching college football
    Sun~sleeping in, reading, watching NFL games, and doing nothing!

20. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 8, 2012

Friday I am almost always too tired to do anything, sometimes takeout and occasionally a quick dinner out with family. Saturday I like to get out and do something (generally with our kids so it tends to be kids stuff really) and likely eat out or have people over for grilling and swimming if DH is off of work, we usually try to meet either my parents or DH's parents when we go out to eat. On Sunday I usually prefer to stay home and do chores and get ready for the week. I frequently also do a little bit of work, though I prefer not to! My parents frequently come over in the afternoon on Sundays and I am going to make it a priority to start going to take my kids to visit my grandparents at least once a month and that may end up being on Sundays too.

21. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 8, 2012

Friday is family game night
    Saturday is shopping, cooking, cleaning anything that did not get done all week
    Sunday church and Packer game