Idea needed

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by scooter503, Aug 27, 2009.

1. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Aug 27, 2009

We start school on Tuesday and I pretty much have my first day planned out...with lots of great ideas from A to Z, I might add. However, I'm looking for an idea for some kind of art project. Any ideas? I have 5th and 6th graders.

3. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Aug 28, 2009

you could do a Monster Exchange. have everyone take 10 or 15 min drawing a monster. then have them write describing their monster in as much detail as they can. they give the discription to someone else in the class who tries to draw the monster based just on the discription. at the end the original and the drawing from the description are compared.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 28, 2009

I gave my kids large BB letters and had them trace the letters for their own names. Then they filled in the letters with small designs of their choosing and cut them out. I put these up on the wall with writing samples for curriculum night. I also took a picture of each student next to his/her name.

5. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Aug 28, 2009

Watercolor self portraits and hang up for the year. They look nice hung up high, like the top border of the walls, or even on the shades for some color.

6. MissHunny

MissHunny Comrade

Aug 28, 2009

OOOOO I think I may combine upsadaisy's name project with the self portraits!

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 28, 2009

My favorite was a puzzle project. I traced a huge picture of the school's mascot (Space Pup in MI, castle in CA) using an overhead and butcher paper. Then I cut it up into squares-one for each student. I labeled each part of each square with the color it should be, and the kids had to fill the spaces in with tiny pieces of construction paper they shredded. Then they had to work together as a class to put it together, all without knowing what the giant pictures was of. It looks AMAZING on the wall when it's done.

Here are pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/Camelot2018/CamelotArt02