Idea for posting work

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by Avampiregirl, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Avampiregirl

Avampiregirl Rookie

Nov 9, 2006

Does anyone have any ideas for creative ways to post reading and math work?? I have to come up with a list of ideas for our Kindergarten teacher meeting on Tuesday. Please if anyone has any ideas - please help! :)
    Thanks,
    Amanda

3. IPinPa

IPinPa Rookie

Nov 9, 2006

clothesline and clothespins

poster board books-each page or two, displays a unit's worth of work

70"s beads (5 and below) hanging vertically from the ceiling, then using Chip clips, colored clothespins,clip barretts(dollar store) attach work to the beads

hope it helps:)

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 9, 2006

Ah, now I understand what the question is. Gosh, I'm soo out of it.
    Okay, here's what I do, I had kids make cool name collages. I hung paper clips from their name and then pin up their work under their name. Simple, but very cute. We tore up a TON of paper scraps and glued them onto their name that was stencils onto manilla tag board.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 9, 2006

Gah, not paper clips, those wooden clothes pins from yarn. I tied the yarn under their name and I clip the work onto the clothes pin. Told you I was out of it....

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Nov 10, 2006

A creative way:
    Use freezer ziplock bags and duct tape to create a quilt!
    Do a search on atoz archives for this topic.

You can also make a sandwich size ziplock quilt for photos!

7. Avampiregirl

Avampiregirl Rookie

Nov 10, 2006

thanks for all the ideas. im writing them all down!!
    Amanda

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 10, 2006

Make the papers literally pop out at you...mount paper on piece of construction paper that has a paper roll behind it(like a toilet paper roll, but half that size. Tack this to the bulletin board and the student's paper will stand out...like 3D. I do this with BB titles, etc.

9. Heart2Heart

Heart2Heart Rookie

Nov 10, 2006

I have always posted my work on something relating to a theme or the holiday season. For example, for Thanksgiving the students decorated a large turkey and I attached their work to it. For Christmas we cut out, colored, decorated, and added glitter to an elf. Then I stapled the work to each elf. It looked like the elf was holding the paper. For January we made snowman and attached the paper to the snowman. Always add glitter, art tissue, or material to make your pictures look appealing. You can get patterns from clip art or coloring books.

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 11, 2006

For a mix of work instead of every student's paper on the identical skill, try putting headings like - 1 student ____ and then list the skill (used descriptive language, or added two digit numbers, or whatever) and post that paper underneath, 2 students ___ and then list the skill, etc. Go on until you've displayed one exemplary paper for each student. You will acknowledge skills demonstrated well by each student while not promoting comparison between students.

11. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Nov 11, 2006

[​IMG]

Here is how I display my student's work.On the top of the paper are Stikki Clips, some teachers also attach a clothspin, especially if they have to hang up work that may have some weight to it. I also have colored clothspins hanging from the ceiling. I also use any wall space I have to hang up any interactive writing, poems, graphs, etc. that we have done as a class.

12. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2006

Txtchr29, I have those same tiny folding chairs in my classroom!! My assistant principal came in the other day and fell over saying how "cute" they were until I explained that I don't just use them for "cute", I use them when my kids do reading partnerships together, reading in quiet places etc. Did you get them from Walgreens as well?

13. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Nov 11, 2006

When I have a small enough group, I sometimes like to delineate one clip for each student and allow them to rotate their work. When my kids had desks near the chalkboard, I would put one magnetic clip above everyone's desk, and they could choose what to put in the clip. Some projects I would put everyone's up in a different area, but I liked giving them some ownership over what was on display.

14. TXTCHR29

TXTCHR29 Cohort

Nov 11, 2006

Yes, I got them at Walgreens! My kids love to sit there.

15. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Nov 11, 2006

I have a board titled "Quacktacular Work" (I love ducks) and there is a light blue piece of paper for each child tacked up to a dark blue cloth background. Each child has a duck with their name on it that sits under each light blue paper. I post up the child's best work. I never post up an entire class' work. I try to pick the best for that child. I change it sporadically and when I return the papers to them, they have a duck stamp on them to signify that this was a "quacktacular" piece of work. Later in the year, I will have the studnet's choose what they would like to post.
    I have gotten many compliments on it and the kids love checking to see what new things have been posted.