I wish the principal would see this as fate

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by succeed, Jul 30, 2008.

1. succeed

succeed Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

So last year I applied at my dream school. It was a no, but the principal did interview me. I substitued at her school a few times at the end of last year. The teachers complimented my classroom management skills. I love the teachers, the school, and the principal. So I looked for a job. Nothing open really, not at the time I was looking. So I search for a job in the prime season for hiring. I finally am hired at another district. This principal is nice, but it is far. It is a job. A wave of relief comes over me. I am hired. So then I find out there is a freeze. I don't have the job after all. So then a week after I have my son and his friend at Chillis eating dinner. They are hyper, and I have so much on my mind I let it go. Later, I see the principal sitting across from my booth. Her back is to me, but she must have spotted me when she walked in. I chose not to bother her. So then a couple weeks later I see there is an aide position for someone with only a high school diploma. You only make 15,000 a year. It is at my dream school, the one where I saw the principal eating and had an interview last year. I call and drop off my resume. My children attend this school. The receptionist who is super nice asked me with some suprise if It was the aide position I am applying for. I confirmed, and she told me she would take it to the principal.
    I ask if there are going to be any other teaching positions opening in the middle of the year. She tells me that there are going to be more in the beginning of the year.
    I go home, and three hours later..............
    I find out a teacher quits and a 3rd grade position was just posted online. FATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe it is part of a greater plan...???? Maybe I am just desperate and getting my hopes up.

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 30, 2008

Did you just drop your stuff off today? I would be getting a cover letter over there ASAP.

4. succeed

succeed Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

No this happened yesterday. I dropped off a letter of interest and resume for the Aide position. However, I don't know if I should drop off another letter of interest? I have given her my resume when I first interviewed, then at the job fair. Then when another position became available I gave it to her all over again. However, I may say things have changed since my first interview with you. I have experience managing my own classroom. I can show you lesson plans. ... This is going to be better worded, but what do you think. I work at a shelter for abused children. So I am also going to have them color me pictures lol and tell me how much they love me. So I could bring in one of my lesson plans.

5. Lindzee82

Lindzee82 Companion

Jul 30, 2008

I would call them first thing in the morning and tell them that you are interested in the teaching position. They may not go through your file and just put it in the pile for the aides, not knowing you are teacher certified and you could get overlooked. I would definitely call the principal, or whoever is in charge of hiring. Good luck!

6. succeed

succeed Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

Trust me, she knows who I am. I have tried to get hired with her, and my children attend her school.

7. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 30, 2008

I would definitely bring in another cover letter for the teaching position. Our district won't look at you unless you follow the directions and include everything. They do this for each position. So it doesn't hurt to drop off everything tomorrow about your interest in the teaching position!!
    Good Luck!! :)

8. USCgrad

USCgrad Companion

Jul 30, 2008

fate, coincidence, hopeful....whatever it is....good luck!

9. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2008

My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!! Here's to fate.