I went on 12 teaching job interviews...

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Educat, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Educat

Educat Rookie

Jul 27, 2017

And I finally got offered a job for the last two. I just wanted to post this for everyone who has been having trouble finding a job. Teacher job searching is brutal and I was so discouraged (seriously, ten rejections and some very rude interviewers too), but I just kept on trying :0 I know it is trite, but my advice to everyone who is feeling like I was feeling last week is to keep your chin up and hang in there. Do not stop searching even when you feel like giving up. I'm one very grateful teacher after this hiring season!

zyrakate, Deeneebee and pennyandme like this.
  3. pennyandme

pennyandme Rookie

Jul 27, 2017

Congratulations!

Everything you said was so true. Another thing for me was that both of my offers came when I wasn't really well rehearsed or trying per se. The first one came after the school pulled my résumé from a job bank and the other was at a job fair that I didn't really want to do, so I just coasted through the answers so that I wouldn't be disappointed. There is always hope, as well as late hires, movers, transfers, and enrollment changes.

Educat likes this.
  4. Sab

Sab Companion

Jul 28, 2017

Congrats!! I also just got an offer after tons of interviews, and from a better district than many I was rejected from! Almost didn't go to the interview cause I thought I'd have no chance at such a good school...definitely good advice to keep trying!

DAH and Educat like this.
  5. zyrakate

zyrakate Guest

Jul 28, 2017

Congrats! You are a true inspiration for all the seekers. To never give up.

Educat likes this.
  6. Educat

Educat Rookie

Jul 29, 2017

It's the same with me, I ended up in a much better district than the ones who rejected me, and it's only a ten minute drive from my house! Good luck next year!

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 30, 2017

Congrats to the newly employed!

Educat likes this.