I want to leave teaching

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Occabacca, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Occabacca

Occabacca Companion

Dec 16, 2015

I am really unhappy with teaching. I have been a 6th grade teacher for the last 8 years. Can anyone help me with forums or where I should even start? I have called some resume companies but they are wanting to charge 300 plus dollars, I can't afford that ANY help will be appreciated

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Dec 16, 2015

There are, sadly, a number of different threads along this line of thought. There are a lot of careers for which you are qualified. You would be excellent in corporate training or customer service. Your best bet might be to contact a headhunter.

4. Occabacca

Occabacca Companion

Dec 16, 2015

Thank you for your response. Are you saying there threads in this forum that discuss leaving teaching? I'd just like to read through them?

5. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Dec 16, 2015

Yes, there are a LOT. Just type "leave teaching" or something to that effect into the search bar at the top of the page.

As for resumes, I doubt that you need to pay that much. The best thing to do in my opinion is to look at resume examples online for a career you're interested in, and modify yours appropriately.

6. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Dec 16, 2015

I'm in year 8 too and I just want to give up and it's only December. Other stuff in my life is stressing me out, so I'm trying to stay positive enough about work while I deal with non-job related stuff too. You might want to look for job forums to get feedback on your resume and look up some examples to help you get started. Ask friends and family to see if anybody could help you out too.

7. pavsb

pavsb New Member

Dec 31, 2015

I can't really advise on where to go after teaching, but if you're set on getting resume help, another place that you might want to check out would be your universit(ies). The career centers at both my undergrad and grad institutions offer this for free to alumni, as does the alumni group at my grad institution (for a pretty modest fee).

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015