i want to cry

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by sparklystar, Jun 30, 2009.

1. sparklystar

sparklystar Rookie

Jun 30, 2009

ssssoooooo i know that this is not the right post to post this in but, i just found out that i will not be the head teacher in my classroom. :eek: i'm just heartbroken. i've done so much for my class this past year that i think its just not fair....
    well let me i've you background info. My job was my first teaching job. I loved it and hated it. I hated the catty women but loved my kids. SO i quit and went to another job and then that job wasnt giving me enough hours so i went back to my job to do team teaching for a full year. IT SSSUUUCKEED. I got paired up with the 2 most worst, laziest, people that i have saw in my life. They just wanted to sit around and "watch" the kids and yell at them, and since they were the directors favorite it was ok. So i was stuck doing do many things. I wrote lesson plans, played with kids, laughed, disciplined(correctly), that was my class. so my boss moved one of the ladies to a new site. So the class really became my baby. Then we got a new teacher. She was great and all the stuff. And she was really really close to the director and me and my director bump heads because im aggressive in what i believe in for my kids. SO she now has picked this new teacher as head and i want to cry.....
    I feel hurt and betrayed and everyone around me makes it worse because they saw my hard work and dedication and they asked me why they made that decision. I just cry. Its not fair. SO i'm going to quit for the new year and find a new place. Do you guys think im overreacting???? please help :help:

3. mrgrinch09

mrgrinch09 Comrade

Jun 30, 2009

It sounds like you were done with that place a long time ago.

Find someplace else to work. It's just a matter of time before you find the best place for you.

4. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Jun 30, 2009

I am so sorry! Do you think you should keep the job until you find another one? That is what I would do unless I didn't absolutely have to work! I have to say from what you said I would definitely start looking elsewhere. Keep your chin up things will get better!:hugs:

5. sparklystar

sparklystar Rookie

Jun 30, 2009

i have been looking for places im just fed up and so sad all the time i really love my job. Well i love working with kids.

6. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Jun 30, 2009

I sorry. I don't think that you are overreacting, but I do think that you should stay put until you find another job.

7. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2009

I would advise staying put for awhile. Another change in so short a time would look bad on your resume. You said the other teacher was good so I bet you could get along with her and form a good team after you get over your feelings being hurt. I am not trying to be unempathetic, just kind of realistic in the current job market. It sounds like your kids are lucky to have you.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jun 30, 2009

Being the assertive person that I am, I would ask the director why.

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 1, 2009

Stay where you're at and continue to prove yourself. Things will work out eventually. As Blue said, I would probably ask the director is she has noticed the things you do in the classroom. It's amazing how many things they can miss if you don't toot your own horn.

10. txgirl

txgirl Rookie

Jul 2, 2009

I'm so sorry. In this economy I would also agree that you should have another job before you leave this one. I also agree with you that it can be hard working with women. For some reason it seems as though some do not want to see you succeed even if it means they look good in the process. I hate that! I hope you find the right place but having worked in settings where I didn't feel valued I know it can make for a very long year!

11. pabef

pabef Comrade

Jul 2, 2009

I agree with the other posters that you should have a new job before you leave. But, with that being said, this is not the place for you! I am a director and you should always be able to talk to your director about any job concerns or problems. It does not sound like your director is fair to everyone or open to talking with her teachers.