I want to celebrate but...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Bunnie, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 11, 2014

So for Those that have been following my journey...I was offered a job but have been patiently waiting for my nomination email from the DOE. Well I received it today! But, it's for the wrong school!:confused:

Now I must wait until Monday to call up HR.

I'm certainly thankful things are getting done but they aren't getting done right!

Plus I'd REALLY like to add myself to the jobs list already but won't do so until my paperwork is processed!:p

Ok vent over....the journey shall continue Monday.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2014

Eeek. Hoping that works out for you.:thumb:

4. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 11, 2014

Thanks. The HR person I've been in contact with did email back promptly just before. However given that's it's Friday evening after business hours I doubt things will get fixed until Monday.

Alas, I wait. While enjoying my weekend I suppose.

5. abat_jour

abat_jour Companion

Jul 11, 2014

I think it will be ok. Congrats!

6. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

HOW the heck do they give you a nomination for the wrong school?! What a trip! At least things will get fixed. Everyone makes mistakes.

I didn't get my nomination right away, I had to wait almost 2 weeks. They had to check with the system, HR, budgeting, etc. You get the idea.

Just be patient, it'll all be good in the end. Enjoy your weekend :)

7. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 11, 2014

Thankfully it was fixed tonight!

I submitted all my forms online. Now I just have to wait to be verified. Guess that will happen on Monday.

8. MrsJay

MrsJay Rookie

Jul 11, 2014

Congrats! What grade are you teaching?

9. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

You actually need to go to the DOE in downtown Brooklyn to get your I-9 verified. You need to show certain forms of ID (passport works best, but look at the end of your I-9, it will tell you what forms of ID you need). I'd definitely do that Monday.

10. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 11, 2014

5th grade!

11. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 11, 2014

Yeah. Should I be printing out the I-9?

12. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

JUST incase. They told me to do that when I was on the phone with them prior to going, but they didn't take it at the office. Could be dealing with a different person, so who knows.

Also be prepared to wait at least a week and a half when they do background investigation. And if you don't get a welcome email, call the DOE and see if it got sent to your DOE email (if it was already set up, that's what happened to me…) Do that if the applicant gateway states that your process has been complete but you didn't get sent an email.

13. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 11, 2014

Thanks so much! Yeah I know the investigation is going to be started and take a bit. Thankfully I also have a contact person there who I reached out to last week, because I was investigated a Few months ago for a vendor they use.

I have some additional paperwork and background checks to do since I once worked for the DOE. So I called and contacted every dept. I needed to ahead of time to verify things should go smoothly. So even though the job offer is there it's not official until everything is signed off on. Which I'm told it should be.

14. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Jul 12, 2014

Yayyyy! Glad that you finally got your nomination email! I cannot believe it was for the wrong school lol. My nomination actually had the school and position blank! But when I went into the Applicant Gateway, all the info was correct. I guess someone isn't checking things properly there.

Like MissPapa, I too was told to print out the I-9, but the guy who helped me did the form online. But, I would bring it just in case. I was also told to print out my nomination email just in case there was a problem. I got to the office at 9:15 and was out in 20 minutes (had I-9 done and ID pic taken)...it's a simple process. I was also pleasantly surprised that all of my stuff was processed and I got the confirmation email in less than 2 days. Good Luck!

15. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jul 12, 2014

Wow,even the background check? That's awesome you had some good luck indeed in getting things done fast. That was in like under a week right?

I'll be there Monday afternoon once I'm done teaching summer school. So hopefully I have a nice and smooth experience like you did!

16. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Jul 12, 2014

Yes it was super fast. I got my verbal offer and nomination email on Tuesday morning, had my I-9 done at the DOE building on Wednesday morning, and I got my Welcome email on Thursday afternoon. Yesterday, I called for my DOE email and now I think I am all set.