I think the Subcaller called me...but I missed it!!!

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Sweetpea86, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Sweetpea86

Sweetpea86 Rookie

Feb 18, 2010

I think the subcaller system called me this morning but I missed it!!!

My voicemail answered, and when I checked my message it said "If you no longer wish to be on the call list, please press #"

I don't think my voicemail caught the message in it's entirety. So I called back but I kept getting a busy signal...then when I finally got through nobody answered!!

So was that the Subfinder system calling me while doing down the list? Since I missed it, will it stop calling me now?

I'm sorry about the stupid questions...but I'm new to this so I have no idea what's going on?

3. teacherincanada

teacherincanada Rookie

Feb 18, 2010

It sounds like it was the system. It won't stop calling you!!

In my district - during evening callout it will keep calling no matter how many times it is rejected (haha).
    Then, during morning callout, if there are 5 hangups or 3 declines (or something like that), it will stop calling you, JUST FOR THAT MORNING. Usually in the morning, they are scrambling to find someone for the day, so they want to increase the likelihood that someone will respond with "accept".
    Also - it seems the jobs that get declined by everyone in the morning are posted online, and you can accept them there (even if the system has stopped calling you because you missed the calls/declined). I'm just inferring this from observation though; not entirely sure how it works.
    My point is - can you check online for jobs?

I wouldn't worry about missing one call! I bet a lot of people miss morning calls because they can start so early! (my district starts at 6am).

4. SandyCastles

SandyCastles Companion

Feb 18, 2010

It seems common sense, but make sure you are calling the right number- when I used Subfinder the number that CALLED me was different than the number that I was supposed to CALL to get a job. If I just redialed the number that called me, I would get a busy signal and not be able to access the system. I had 3 numbers saved in my phone for Subfinder- the office, the number to call to find jobs, and the number that would call me with a job.
    It will not stop calling you if jobs are available. I worked in 2 districts, and I would still receive calls even if I didn't answer the phone.

5. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

Feb 18, 2010

:yeahthat:
    :thumb: That is exactly what I was going to post

6. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Feb 18, 2010

I am sorry that you missed the call! You will get a lot more, and yes this is just 1 call. I am sure you will get plenty soon.

7. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

Feb 18, 2010

It sounds like your school district uses Aesop because I hear something like that if I don't answer when it calls. I wouldn't worry about it. I've had multiple missed calls in a day; it's not going to kick you out of the system.

8. Gennie

Gennie Rookie

Feb 19, 2010

Desperate for the Subcaller's call

I was registered as a Sub last November but the subcaller has not called me. Anytime i call the system, all i get is 'no more job information is available'; and when i check online, it just says 'no records found'.

Any helpful tips on how to get sub assignments, particularly from Substitute teachers in Southern California will be welcomed.

9. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Feb 19, 2010

I also work with Subfinder (and with Aesop for another district).

Don't worry about this. Subfinder calls out of a number that you can't call INTO. I put a note on my phone that THIS number is "Subfinder CALLING" and the number my district gave me to CHECK for jobs as Subfinder.

These automated systems are great in the fact that they don't get their noses in a snit if you don't pick up-or if you turn them down.

Still concerned? Call the district and check. But this isn't anything to trouble yourself over.

10. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Feb 19, 2010

I would call the district and find out if this is the recording you are to get as an active sub.

Doesn't hurt to check.

11. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 19, 2010

The automated substitute calling system my districts use doesn't stop calling you if you miss a call or turn down jobs. If you do miss a call the way these districts have it set up, though, there is no way to call into the system to see what jobs are available.