I Think I'm Offiically Getting Old!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Aug 16, 2011.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 16, 2011

I Think I'm Offically Getting Old!

This is our first week back-inservice days, sitting in pretty long meetings-a little bit of time to move our furniture around and put up bulletin boards. This is the second day in a row I've come home sooooo tired:|. Maybe it's the adjustment in the schedule of having to get up to an alarm again, but I think I may be getting old.;) It is nice that we get a week to ease into it before the kids come back Monday-I hope I make it that far!

Anyone else energy-impaired this week?

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 16, 2011

Yeah, go read my vent in the Special Ed. section. I'm dying here! I hurt from head to toe... really I do! Let's see. I'm 38... I feel 78!

Thank goodness for hair dye... I'm sure I gained a ton of gray hair over the past 2 days of school.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 16, 2011

Hang in there, KinderCowgirl. We can't be too old yet; our next college reunion isn't until 2014! Remember that you haven't taught this level in a while and need to ease back in to a lot of things, including ways of thinking. I have a feeling you'll perk up the minute those faces start appearing in your classroom door.

5. cmw

cmw Groupie

Aug 16, 2011

The alarm is just evil! :eek: I had a summer program I just finished. It was only half days...and I could barely make it the first week! The heat was killer! I start every year wondering how I do this and where I get the energy from...and I'm 35. :p

6. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Aug 16, 2011

Oh yes. I am back to my two-hour naps. :) But, we are busy, so I think we have an excuse for why we are so tired. I know it's all in the hour I wake up (5:00- 5:30), and just going, going, going all day long. During the summer, I rarely napped.

7. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Aug 16, 2011

We started with the kids last week and everything hurt by the end of the day, my back, feet, head.....This week is a little better.

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2011

I'm dealing with a frozen shoulder that started in June, and I'm getting a bit apprehensive about school because it's affecting my sleep--three or four nights a week I have to retire to the guest room so I can prop my arm up on a pillow and turn the TV on until I fall asleep. Last night pain woke me at 11:30, and I had to come down and get an ice pack to tuck behind my shoulder on the sorest spot. :unsure:

9. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2011

I came home absolutely exhausted after the first full day of teacher meetings--and I'm only 25! :eek:

10. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2011

I have been in meetings and setting up the classroom this week too. Tonight I'm exhausted and need to go to sleep early. I'm 48 and I feel like I"m ready to retire. :lol I'm going to be utterly exhausted when the kids come next week.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 17, 2011

I've been back to subbing since day 5 of the new yr (trying to get a permanent job) & I'll be working all 5 days a wk for the entire yr so far, but I'm also new in this quite rigorous online grad program. Now, I've worked & been in grad school before at once, but this is tougher & the courses will only get tougher. I was thinking just the other day that I'm getting too old for all this! :dizzy:

12. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 17, 2011

This is the time of the year that I say "working is for the birds." Even though I know I would not be happy not working.

13. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Aug 17, 2011

I've been exhausted too and I'm 27.