I think I'm broken...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Danny'sNanny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2007

I think I have a cyst on my ovary.
    pain, Pain, PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't have a doc, and no one can get me in until the 22nd.
    A big thank you to my ENT, he made me go off the Pill for my surgery in November, and so my hormones have been wacko.
    I feel yucky. :(

3. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Jan 14, 2007

I know how you feel! My sister just had a cyst removed from her ovary. I can tell you she felt very yucky and her hormones were all over the place. She had to have surgery to have them removed but she feels a 1000x better. Hope everything is o.k.!

4. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jan 14, 2007

Hope you feel better soon, danny'snanny. I never had one, but I feel for you. Would a heating pad help?

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 14, 2007

Can you go to one of those emergency care places??

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 14, 2007

I have no advice to offer, just good wishes.

Feel better soon!

7. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2007

Dannysnanny, if the pain gets any worse go to an ER or Urgent care center. You want to have it looked at right away so you don't have that cyst burst on you. If it does or already has you will know it by the extreme amount of pain that hits suddenly. This happens to my best friend all the time and she always goes in right away because they always burst on her. I just don't want it to happen to you the level of pain is unbelieveable.

Good luck

8. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 14, 2007

I've never had one before, but I'm assuming that's what it is from talking to my friends who have had them, and my mom is a nurse.

If I had to guess, I've had it several months, because I had occasional pain, but didn't really worry.
    Going off the Pill can make them grow, and the last few weeks it's been bothering me a lot more.
    Since last Tuesday, I've been really hurting. The only time I'm comfortable is in a really hot shower or bath. Right now I have one of those sticky heating pads on, because I had to leave the house for a while.
    I might call the dr again tomorrow and see if there's any way they can see me sooner. I don't think I can stand this for another week before I can even get in!

9. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jan 15, 2007

Definetly go to the ER if it gets to bad, I've never had one, but I CANNOT stand to be in pain, so I feel for ya.

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 15, 2007

I wish physcians would consider more carefully the cost of going against a treatment plan for another part of your body before deciding if it is worth the treatment for the part they are diagnosing.

A recent physcian was going to prescribe a medicine for a female problem (p.s. went away on its own) that could a yeast infection and in the meantime I'm can't wear a hearing aide for 3 weeks due to being treated for an aggressive and reoccuring yeast infection in my ear. Umm...hello! I'm asking tons of questions from now on because I can't assume they consider whole body approaches or even any info I gave them in good faith.

Maybe the ENT did need to make this treatment, but it's hard to imagine an ear treatment trumping a cyst on an ovary. Many docs work in isolation (current problem at hand only).

I hope you feel better soon!

11. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jan 15, 2007

Bri,
    (Hope I got your name right!) If I remember, you are in college - can you go to the student health center? Maybe your ENT can get you an appt somewhere; they can usually make space if they want to. Good luck!

12. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Jan 15, 2007

I am so sorry! I feel your pain -- literally! In september I had one rupture (though I didn't know I had one), and it caused internal bleeding.

If you have suddenly sharp pains, especially if they are accompanied by sickness (vomitting or diarreaha) or shortness of breath, GO TO THE ER. Do not pass go or collect $200. :)

I sincerely hope that it resolves itself in a nice, peaceful way. Good luck!

13. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jan 16, 2007

Has it gotten any better?

14. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 16, 2007

Last night it was so bad that I almost went in to the ER; I was crying and it was hurting so bad! I finally fell asleep, and it's a little better today, but it is still really painful!!!

15. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 17, 2007

do cysts on the ovaries go awayon there own or do you need to have surgery? I dont know much about them but I hope you feel better soon!!

16. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 17, 2007

Normal cysts go away on their own. A lot of times, you don't even realize it was there.
    BUT- cysts aren't supposed to develop if you're on the Pill, so they're a bigger problem if you are.
    If it's painful and you're on the Pill, they usually do surgery.

17. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jan 17, 2007

Danny'sNanny, you should still go to the ER if it ruptures your going to be in big pain, maybe they can stop that

18. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jan 18, 2007

I also had a cyst on my ovary that was 3 cm. 15 months later it was entirely gone! I was told that although it feels like an 'intrusion' that its super common and most will come and go without any complications!

19. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jan 24, 2007

Here's the update-
    I finally got in to see a doctor yesterday, she did an ultrasound and said that the pain is endometriosis. She said I can't eat red meat, or dairy unless it's organic because the hormones will make it worse. I'm not quite sure what to think, I guess it's plausible because my mom had really bad endometriosis (it got better after she had kids), but I don't really like having a doctor telling me that I'm going to hurt forever and to get over it. Especially right now, when the pain has been so bad for two weeks that I can hardly sit up sometimes.

I guess I'll wait a few months, and then see someone else for my follow-up (I'm supposed to go back in six months, but I'm going to try another doc in the same clinic. This one wouldn't explain anything or answer my questions, which is a pet peeve of mine)

20. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jan 24, 2007

Dany'snanny, you can try to look up some info on the internet, I know there is a lot about it out there, I thought I had the symptoms when I had a reallly bad yeast infection that wouldn't go away ---- due to diabetees, thats when I was diagnosed with it.

I'm sorry that your going through this.

21. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Jan 24, 2007

I hope you soon begin to feel better! I hate when dr's won't answer questions, and when they basically cut you off by saying there is nothing to be done. I think there is always something you can try, it is just a matter of trying things until you come up with something that helps! Don't give up hope!