Hello All, Okay...I might be really stretching this...but I think I have been screwed over again. In fact, I wanted to name this thread...I've been screwed again..but..well, you know. Long story short...thought I had an offer, and ready to start. I wait around all day Friday for Parent Policy Committee president to officially give me second interview. No show. Director tells me to come in Monday, I will start. Calls me that night, tells me to bring official transcripts. Monday I come in, get fingerprints. And you guessed it...this Parent Policy person never shows. I'm waiting. Director tries to toss me in infant room. Uhh...I'm not buying it. I come out and she takes words out of my mouth. You can go, I'll call you tomorrow as soon as I get him. I can't start you until he approves you. So, I won't get paid for today?! Okay, for those of you unaware of the Head Start madness....a parent policy member must approve all staff. You usually meet parents at meeting, within the month you start. So this is really weird because I know any parent can approve me...what if this guy (God forbid) fell off the planet or something??? I think the only reason they rushed to get all my paperwork is because the Federal review is going on! The bigwigs are checking every piece of paper in every Head Start site. So I wasted gas going to the new job that I'm not even sure I have. I'm supposed to wait around tomorrow, to see if they will call? And what if the guy doesn't show up again? Are they stringing me along??? :unsure: Supposedly, other teacher is leaving in July. I think they have no intention of having me start before then! If that was the case, they should have told me!!! Not sure if I want to stick this out! Especially if they think I am going to be floating from room to room!