I survived!!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by JustWondering, Aug 14, 2006.

1. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Aug 14, 2006

We had our first week (Tues. thru Friday) last week. After a shaky start for my first class I got every thing together on our first day of lessons Wednesday and finally I am ahead in my planning. I am enjoying teaching more than I ever expected. Most of my "kids" are well behaved except my last class that tends to become vocal and silly (9th Grade Math). Overall it has been a lot of fun and tiring but well worth the effort. I've even heard through the grape vine that some of the kids have said I am their favorite teacher (I was shocked given the subject I teach!). Good luck to everyone else may your first weeks be as informative and fun as mine was.

:D

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2006

glad you had a good week... keep us posted

4. trulyblssd

trulyblssd Companion

Aug 14, 2006

I'm glad too....I too, had a great week. It's down the the wire now. These kids are funny, but some do have behavioral problems. thank God for the step process that we have at my school. All I have to do is say "you've been warned, now your on a step. Please stay after class for a behavioral contract." Six steps and they are out of my class.

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2006

Trlyblessed- glad you had a good week too. Is the whole school using that system.?