I saw The Karate Kid last night in the theater

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jul 13, 2010.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 13, 2010

and I liked it a lot! I was excited to see it because most of the movie was filmed in China so the street scenes were interesting and the mountain scenery was beautiful.

We normally wait to watch movies through Netflix because sometimes it's hard to know if a movie is going to be good enough to hold your attention!

Now I want to go take some free martial arts classes and see what it's like. I can see how it'd help with feeling confident and safer when you're by yourself out and about if you know how to protect yourself in addition to being a good workout! :thumb:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah, I liked it a lot too...saw it this past Sat (along w/ The A-Team). Very similar to the original. I liked how at the end, the other team bowed to Jackie Chan to show respect for his teachings of Jaden Smith defeating them. A-Team isn't my thing, my BF likes that stuff. I never even watched the TV show.

4. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Jul 14, 2010

I saw it this weekend and really liked it, too. It was a great movie to see in the theater, I thought.

5. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Jul 14, 2010

we went to see too with the kids, a few months before it came out I had them watch the origional, and then the origional was on tv last night too, they watched it again to compare, and some of the kids like the origional better but I like the new one.