I REALLY WANT THIS JOB! (((HELP!)))

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Passion4Teachin, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Passion4Teachin

Passion4Teachin Rookie

Aug 4, 2008

I was wondering if you can give me feedback on my thank you card for a school i interviewed at today (I really want the position). The interview went amazing and I did a demo. I was there for almost 2 hours... my demo was only 20 of those minutes. (I think thats a good sign, but I want to make sure that I write an amazing thank you note expressing how much I want this job)

Dear Mrs.... :
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to talk to me about what ********** High School stands for and also allowing me the chance to tell you about myself. I enjoyed sharing my teaching techniques and philosophy about teaching English with you, your teachers, and your students. I am extremely interested in the position that was described to me.

I believe that *********** High School strives for educators who want to instill a love of learning and to establish a foundation of academic excellence for each of its students. With my educational background at ********** College (B.A.) and ******* College (M.A.), a semester of student teaching in the Bronx, and my summer tutoring experiences in ********, I am sure that I can be a wonderful asset to the team of teachers and students at your school.

I would be honored to join your team of teachers and help aid you in achieving your mission. Please feel free to contact me at the above phone number or email address. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Passion4Teachin

I feel like I need more something... like I feel like I should talk more about my passion and things I can do for the school... but what can I write without seeming desperate? Please help!

:thanks:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2008

Actually I would take out the second out the second paragraph altogether to shorten the thank you. You don't want it to be too long. I like the first sentence of the second paragraph and might add that to the beginning of what is now the third paragraph. Good luck!

4. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 4, 2008

Other than the two little suggestions I added, it sounds very professional. :)

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

I agree. I would keep it shortish. :)

6. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Aug 4, 2008

I agree. It sounds great, but taking out the second paragraph makes a lot of sense to keep it short and sweet. :) Good Luck.

7. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Aug 4, 2008

Good luck! Let us know what happens. I agree with Trinda. ;)