I really embarrassed myself today!!!

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mldouglas, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Apr 3, 2008

I really embarrassed myself today. The teacher that I subbed for today had an overhead projector set up on a table in front of the room. He had a multiplug power adapter located in front of the table with the machine plugged in and a carpet covering it that did not lay flat on the floor. The edges stuck up and needless to say during the commotion of this mornings mad rush to do things I trip and fell right over. But at least the kids did not laugh which I thought was nice!!

Mldouglas

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Apr 3, 2008

The week before spring break - I was walking from my car back into the school building. Several classes were outside for noon recess. I wasn't watching carefully enough and tripped on a section of the sidewalk that was raised because some tree roots had lifted it slightly.

I went down HARD! An older couple helped me up - and got me to sit down in the building. The next day a student asked me if I was OK. I said - No, I really hurt my knee.

Then I asked the student how he knew that I fell. He said that he was outside for recess and saw me. This was at a really tough school, so I was impressed that he took the time to ask if I was OK!

4. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Apr 3, 2008

Glad you are okay! I tripped one time on my overhead cord when I was walking FAST and fell hitting my face (between my mouth and nose) on a corner of my computer table. See how lucky you were... (I had to go to the emergency room but I was lucky too. Just a little scar on my nose now.)

That was sweet of the kids to not laugh, because sometimes that is just instinct when someone trips.

5. sub&mom

sub&mom Companion

Apr 4, 2008

Yikes! I'm glad you weren't hurt! I fell on the ice this winter entering school. My daughter was the only one who saw, and she didn't laugh either. It was good of the class to not laugh. I hope you don't have sore muscles!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 4, 2008

I'm glad that you are okay and that the students were considerate enough to not laugh.

7. kburen

kburen Cohort

Apr 4, 2008

Yes...Falling stinks! I am glad to know that you're ok. I fell down the steps here at school once....luckily I was alone...Only a custodian was around and he didn't see only heard. And then a month later I fell down my back steps at home. I'm a clutz!

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Apr 4, 2008

That is great that they kids did not laugh. One day I was walking my dog and I slipped in mud on the sidewalk and skinned my knee. I was across the street from some kids and they thought it was hilarious.

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Apr 4, 2008

My kids are so used to me tripping. :) They've really tried to take care of me since I sprained my ankle really bad.

10. a_apple_z_zebra

a_apple_z_zebra Rookie

May 2, 2008

I've done that, and it's hard to keep myself from laughing!

11. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

May 15, 2008

I fell once. I sat in one of those rolling chairs that the teacher had at her desk. It was funnier to me than the kids and I wasn't hurt thank goodness. The kids asked if I was ok but laughed when I laughed . Humor is the best way to keep from going crazy sometimes, although I love my job!

12. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

May 24, 2008

I fell into a hole one day walking up from the playground with my class behind me. I broke my ankle. The teacher on duty went and got my teacher chair and the supt. secretary took me to the emergency room. The little boy who bumbed into me was still talking about it ten years later when he graduated.

13. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 24, 2008

I slid walking down the hall way before the bell rang.... Luckily, I didn't drop everything I was carrying. Apparently, I was coming in from the rain and my shoes were slippery... it happens to most everyone at one point.

14. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 24, 2008

Thankfully, the worst (so far) I've had was when I wore new shoes that needed the soles scuffed. Combined with a newly cleaned floor, I went SAILING across the classroom and crashed into the radiator. Yes, the kids laughed. I recovered enough of my dignity to upright myself and give a sweeping bow. They applauded and I was able to somehow restore order.

15. sarypotter

sarypotter Comrade

May 24, 2008

My kids don't even laugh anymore. They just shake their heads knowingly and "tsk tsk" at me, lol. They know I'm a klutz! They're forever picking up things I've dropped or right things I've knocked over. I just point out to them that people have different strengths and weaknesses and that everyone's good at something -- and that I'm just not that good at walking or carrying things!