I really did it---I quit!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Jun 6, 2021.

1. ecteach

ecteach Groupie

Jun 6, 2021

This year, I went into the year feeling like this needed to be my last year. However, throughout the year I convinced myself to stay. Then, on the last full week of school something happened letting me know that the universe was trying to send me a message. I resigned the very next day. Everything felt wrong every single day this school year. Everything felt exact right about resigning. Eddie B comically stated that teachers can't just quit because just like in a divorce the district will get half. But, there are also some relationships that are worth letting the other person get half in order to just be done. That is my relationship with public education.

I need to work, but I am literally willing to do anything except teach. I'm that done.

I probably won't be on here anymore, because, well, I'm not a teacher anymore. But, I did want to stop by to say 'thank you" to those of you who offered me a friendly note here or there over the years.

I have a son who is still in school, and I will forever be an advocate for teachers.

Tired Teacher and mrsf70 like this.
  3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 6, 2021

That's great, congrats on the next chapter of your life in whatever you do!

4. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Jun 7, 2021

Oof, I feel this. This was my year as well and I ended up leaving/going on stress leave midyear.

Congrats, and good luck moving forward! I hope you find something fulfilling and life-giving.

5. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Jun 7, 2021

Congratulations! The very best to you.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  6. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2021

It is awesome to know when it is time to move on.....I felt it for a few years before I ever really did it. I wish you the best, EC. I am guessing you are going to feel relieved having made your decision. Best wishes on your new adventure!