I Passed Subtest 3 of CSET Multiple Subjects Test!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by myownwoman, Jan 30, 2010.

1. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

Nice improvement on your score, Adelina: please pat yourself on the back for that.

How did you do on CBEST?

2. cali*teacher

cali*teacher Companion

Aug 8, 2010

Congrats!! I know what a relief it is to find out you passed one of the Subtests!! Yay for you!!

3. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

Thank you TeacherGroupie. I did not take the CBEST, instead I took the CSET Writing Skills and passed the first time. I am struggling with the CSET subtest 3, could you please recommend me what other useful books I could use other than Kaplan and Cliffs notes?
    Thank you!

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 12, 2010

By now, Adelina, you should have your official score report. On side 2 - the side of the score report that goes only to you - is a chart of performance indicators, broken down by question type and by domain. This chart can help us figure out whether it is a particular domain that is giving you difficulty or a particular question type. What are you seeing there?

5. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Aug 12, 2010

On my first scores I did very good on essay part (3 stars), but bad on multiple choice (2 stars). On my second scores, I did 3 stars on multiple choice (3 stars on PE, 2 stars on Human Development and 2 stars on Visual Arts) and 2 stars on essays (did very well on visual arts, ok on human development and bad on PE).
    Thank you!

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 12, 2010

Along with the plus marks for constructed response, there should also be letters or checkmarks. What do you see there?

Three stars is good, yes, but there's still room for improvement: the scale runs from + to ++++.

At this point you might want to consider tutoring or a CSET workshop; having live people to work with might get you farther than the self-help approach has.

7. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Aug 24, 2010

Subtest 3

Thank you TeacherGroupie. I was on vacation and did not bring the paper with me, but now I am home and I can see that on my first trial my overall multiple choice section had + , constructed response section had 3 stars, with the check mark in art, and P on the others. My second trial overall multiple choice questions had ++, and constructed responses ++ with the check mark in arts, P on human development, K,S in PE. It looks like I am doing great on PE multiple-choice, and worse on other sections.
    I am considering teacherstestprep.com, is it a good place to learn?

Thank you
    Adelina

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 24, 2010

First and foremost: do NOT write essays for CSET-MS. These are short answers or constructed responses or free responses or what you will, but what they are NOT is "essays". Answer as though someone had just asked you the question and needed a fairly teacherly answer.

p is purpose: did you understand what the question was asking, and did you answer in a fashion that showed that you did?

k is knowledge: did you correctly use the technical terminology and did you otherwise show further knowledge of the issues involved?

s is support: did you explain your reasoning or bring in relevant examples to shore up your position?

9. tennisgirl

tennisgirl New Member

Aug 28, 2010

I am currently getting help from teacherstestprep and I think it is a great place to learn. They offer a course on Friday, Saturday & Sunday, which goes over all the test materials. THey also offer private tutoring, which I am doing now.

10. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Sep 12, 2010

Thank you tennisgirl, I also took this prep class and it helped a bit, I took the test yesterday for the 3rd time, hopefully I will pass. Thank you teachergroupie for all your advices, I followed them. I will let you know if I passed.

11. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Oct 7, 2010

Hello everyone! I did pass Subtest #3 this time. Thank you all for your help, especially Teacher Groupie! ;)

12. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 7, 2010

You're welcome, Adelina, and congratulations!

13. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Dec 2, 2010

Subtest 1 Literature

Thank you black dog for your tips on History, do you have any tips on Literature and English? Is it hard?

14. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Dec 2, 2010

Know about reading instruction, Adelina, among other things.

15. myownwoman

myownwoman Habitué

Dec 4, 2010

Adelina I just passed Subtest 1. Which was English and History. I found it to be easy. Surprisingly I was able to answer most of the questions and complete all 4 constructed answer questions with 3 hours left!

I am studying for Subtest 2 which is the Math and Science Subtest. Once I pass this I will have passed CSET MS as a whole. I find the math section is pretty easy. I am glad that the calculations required on the test is simple enough not to use a calculator. I am glad we have the use of one though. I will study for the Science section next which should not be that hard. I just need to review Chemistry and Physics; but I do not think I will be asked in depth questions. Just the basics.

Happy Holidays everybody!

16. Adelina

Adelina Rookie

Dec 20, 2010

Thank you TeacherGroupie and congratulations to myownwoman! You relieved me, as I was thinking it would be a hard subtest. But I am getting ready to take it in January.
    Merry Christmas!

17. lolo

lolo Rookie

Apr 29, 2017

Hi all. Is there anyone out there that is still planning to take or has recently taken the CSET multiple sub 3 exam? That is the last one I need to take, I am currently waiting on my cset 2 results.