I need to vent!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by becky, Mar 3, 2009.

1. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2009

..before I explode!

I was very sick the night of Jeannie's last GS meeting, so I called the leader and said Jeanne would not be there, but please let me know what she needs to work on. I got no reply.

Tonight I get an email that the troop is short on helpers for an activity this Saturday! UGH! I replied back and told the leader I don't appreciate her unprofessionalism, and she's keeping a GS from meeting her requirements and participating in activities. I told her I think that's behavior not becoming of a GS leader.

Now- before anyone moans about this dead horse-- I've told Jeannie awhile back that this is her final year in that troop. She'll be a Junior next year, and it will be a good time to move on. I didn't go into the whole story, but I said I'm not changing my mind this time. I told her if there's no opening for her in any other troop, I'll sign her up as a Juliette. I'm already trying to secure her a spot in another troop for next year, though. I know she will miss it, but she's just going to have to get over it.

Lol- Mama's got a brand new bag, huh??;)

That leader's gall is outrageous.She won't tell me about the activity since Jeannie missed the information at the meeting,but she'll tell me now that she's shorthanded?? If I thought it would do any good, I'd send a letter to GS, listing what I believe are her unprofessional behaviors.

Hurry up, May!

3. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Mar 3, 2009

PLEASE report a bad leader!
    If you cannot find her a spot in another troop, do look at other similar organizations - there are campfire scouts as well, i think they are co-ed though.

4. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2009

Oh, if I can't get her a troop she'll be a Juliette.I believe in what GS stands for. We just haven't seen much of that in this troop, sadly.

5. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Mar 3, 2009

I was a GS, so I'm not sure what a Juliette is. Are they related like the name suggests?

6. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 4, 2009

Could your daughter be in our troop? Sounds like the same leader.

7. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2009

Is your leader My Way or The Highway? Lol.

8. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2009

A Juliette is a girl who works by herself. I don't want to do this with Jeanne, I want her in a troop.

9. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2009

Are there any other troops in your area to look into? There tend to be 2-3 troops per grade level around here. I think it tapers off as the kids get older!

10. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Mar 4, 2009

Ahhh... ok makes more sense now yeah.. i'd look for other troops, even if it is a short drive...

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Mar 5, 2009

I thought GS leaders had to apply with references before they were allowed to be a leader. I have had to supply a reference for a friend.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2009

I had this problem all throughout girl scouts and 4-H as well. Certain kids and families were invited to do everything, and others were just kept out of the loop. You would think only kids would act like that, but it comes from the adults.

13. becky

becky Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2009

I was really kept out of the loop this time! Come to find out, I was never given a schedule of events for the remainder of the year. She said all the copies were given out, so I must have gotten one. No.. I did not. My guess is that it was given out at their Christmas party, which Jeannie had to miss. Her attitude is if you weren't there, you miss out.

14. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Mar 5, 2009

Thats just... arg... frustrating to see a GS troop/leader like that. I guess I was lucky to have a good leader that kept everyone informed. We still get xmas cards from them.