I need to get this out of my system

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by Samothrace, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Sep 22, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dizzy::beatdeadhorse::|:down::

there have been a lot of changes at one of the buildings that I teach at and I just needed a virtual yell and random icons to appease my frustration. To my art teacher friends..you'll understand my frustration with this schedule.

Monday... K, 3, 5, 1 lunch 4, 4, 2
    Tuesday... 5, 6, 1, 2 lunch 6 3, 3

oh..and on a cart. my to be maybe room is kind of no available yet b/c the teacher that is supposed to be moving, hasn't been told by the district where she is supposed to be going. still....1.5 weeks later and she still doesnt know.

not to mention the rest of my week..

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 22, 2009

Boy, that really makes Wednesday look good! Sorry things are so logistically ridiculous.

4. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Sep 22, 2009

when do you have time for your prep in there? That's a pretty full schedule. I have three classes, then a prep, lunch, then three classes.

I take it your frustration is that the classes are so mixed up? My schedule is mixed up like this every day... doesn't bother me at all, but then again, I'm not on a cart.

5. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Sep 22, 2009

my prep time is in the morning when i get there and on my lunch break for the afternoon. rarely can I get the whole day prepped in the 45 minutes I have at the beginning of the day. And fitting different supplies for 4 different lessons on my cart doesn't usually work.

The up and down makes it difficult b/c our district has something called collaboration, so the teachers get their planning time together. It makes the transition/switches way more difficult between me, the music and pe teacher.
    Yeah my classes go 8:30-9:10, 9:10-950, 950-1030, 1030-1110. 12-1240, 1240-120, 120-2

I have 7 classes a day except friday b/c I get my collaboration time at another building.

6. Michael S.

Michael S. Companion

Sep 25, 2009

That's a shame that you only have 40 minutes too (and no transition time). By the time they are settled in, it's almost time to go.

7. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Oct 6, 2009

Any kind of update Samothrace? Have things improved, or has a room at least opened up yet?

8. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Oct 6, 2009

Things have not improved. We still have a teacher just sitting in her room all day. I think she wanders into the other 6th grade class every so often...but 3 weeks later the district still has not told her where she is going. So it's still a mess.

I won't be back at this building until Monday...so I'm not sure if it'll be open monday, but even if it was..it's not like I'd have it ready!

The ironic thing is..the speech teacher has gotten a room, shared with one of the special ed teachers. And another room has been set up and is being used by first grade to do some kind of team teach thing. Yet, the teacher who isn't teaching...I can't get my room. So I'm still running all over the building with an impossible schedule. My team (music/pe)..we'll finally get things ironed out on how to do our switches..and then I might be getting my room. The thing that made me really annoyed is the response I got from my principal when I asked if there was some kind of time line as to when things would be sorted out....Good things will come in time. That is all he said. Boo!

I'm now venturing into paint next week and was hoping I'd have a room before doing this...my new big classes don't have room in their classroom setups. I have to tape paper to a smart board b/c I have no where to draw. BAH!