I need suggestions for grade/plan book!!!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by SpanishSRTA, Aug 4, 2004.

1. SpanishSRTA

SpanishSRTA Rookie

Aug 4, 2004

I am very excited to be starting my first year as a 9th grade teacher in a little less than a month! I have been looking around for a good grading/planning book. What are you favorites? Any advice on what I need to look for?

3. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 5, 2004

I like to make my own using excel. I make a master plan sheet designed for everything that I NEED. I also make 1 master spread sheet with all of the students names on it and make photo copies. I use those for grading, checking work off, field trips, etc. I've found that when I've purchased or even been given grade books and planning books that it is time consuming because you have to re-write the names and edit the boxes of your planning book if you need to change something. Hope this helps. Excel is really easy to use!

4. emccoy

emccoy Companion

Aug 9, 2004

You may want to use a program that is already setup to record and calculate grade. I am sure you can make Excel do anything you want, but as a first year teacher, you will have a full plate just trying to learn everything that your principal expects of you and those things that are helpful to know just for teaching. There is another thread in this forum that deals with grading programs http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=5909 that may be helpful.

Whatever you choose, I hope that you have a great year. For me this job is 9½ months of rush, rush, rush, followed by 2½ months of sleep. :D Ok, but the summer break is a great perk, even if the rest of the year is so busy.

Good Luck & God Bless,
    Ed

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004