I need some quotes!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Miss Bliss, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Miss Bliss

Miss Bliss Companion

Aug 5, 2007

I know that I will be scrutinized for complaining about this...BUT...I actually have TOO MANY bulletin boards in my classroom. (yeah, yeah...let's hear it!)

So on one of the long bulletin board strips that goes from one end of the room to the other, I think I would like to put up a quote to leave up all year (or change once midyear). I teach 3rd grade by the way if this helps.

So...any neat quotes or sayings that you would like to share are much appreciated. You are all so creative so I can't wait to hear what you've got for me. Thanks a bunch!:2up:

3. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Aug 5, 2007

I don't have a quote for you (sorry!!) but I wanted to confirm your complaint of too many bulletin boards. I had too many last year! As much as I loved posting stuff and having space to hang work, I felt like a lot of my planning ended up being based around, "What can I do that I can hang there to switch out that project? Those have been up for too long." It just made me resentful of all the boards! I would rather have a few boards to put meaningful work up on than be constantly thinking about how I am going to change out projects in 8 different places in the room (and hallway!).

4. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Aug 5, 2007

Hi, there! I have a similar problem, although mine is too many chalkboards and not enough bulletin boards.

Try this site for quotes - I've been able to find some good ones there:

http://quotations.about.com/

Good luck! :)

5. Ali

Ali Companion

Aug 5, 2007

One quote that I have on a poster is "Shoot for the Moon. Even if You Miss You'll Land Among the Stars!" I love that one. Another idea that a teammate shared with me and I tried last year and will continue this year is this: I divided a pretty large board into a grid with 3/4 in. ribbon. I made enough sections so there was one for each child. (Each section was probably about 9 x 12 to give you an idea.) I labeled each section with a student's name and titled the board "It's Cool To Be Me!" Each month we came up with a new theme for the display. For example, at the beginning fo the year the students brought in family photos to fill their section. Other themes we did were: holiday crafts, poetry, students' treasured posessions, and favorite recipes (we loved this one beacause many students volunteered to bring their food in to share!) The students really liked this board because it was all about them and they had a hand in deciding what to put on it.

6. Miss Bliss

Miss Bliss Companion

Aug 5, 2007

Thanks, OtterMom...Great site!