I need some new ideas please!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Happy Chatter, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Sep 30, 2008

Hi everyone,
    I thought I would post here because I find there are many very innovative ideas on this site. My problem is that along side my reading club I started a reading blog which the kids love......however I am out of ideas about what to do next and the thought of just writing banal posts on it is disheartening ....:mellow:can someone come up with some new ideas for what I can do please...
    my site is here
    http://mrscunningham.edublogs.org/
    any help would be much appreciated:)

3. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Sep 30, 2008

What specifically are you looking for? Because there are lot of things you could suggest kids do, such as....

Making a mobile of things that are important from a book they read.

Draw the climax of there book, with a brief description of why they believe this event is climax.

Write a summary of their book.

Write an editorial about their book.

I have a lot more ideas, but I'm not exactly sure what kind of ideas your looking for. If its that kind of thing, then I'll post more!

4. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Oct 1, 2008

It would be fun to have the club members write blog posts, too. You could:

Ask them to step into the main character's shoes and write something from his/her POV.

Have them find out about topics in their own lives that relate to the story.

Ask them to go on a walk around their neighborhood and describe it as if it was the setting of a story. Compare and contrast it with the setting in the current book they're reading.

5. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Oct 2, 2008

Hi Canadian Gal and Mrs Wbee,
    Thanks for the imput I really like the idea of walking round their neighbourhood they could take pictures and post them too! I feel a little more enthusiastic now
    cheers
    Silvana