I need inspiration!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by stephanie90102, Aug 12, 2006.

1. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006

Is anyone else feeling discouraged? I've been hunting for months, I've sent out almost 20 applications, and still nothing. My cover letter has been perfected, my resume has been tweaked, my letters of reccommendation are outstanding. I know I am a good teacher. I've been told I am a good teacher. So why doesn't anyone else think I'm good enough to work in their school? Please! I know I can be a great teacher and make a difference!! Can anyone give me hope? Does anyone have any last minute hire miracle stories to share that might give me some hope? I need something to believe in. Thanks... Steph

3. Ctinevo1

Ctinevo1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006

Hi Steph, I completely know how you feel. My situation is on the thread "I don't understand....is something wrong with me???"
    But yes I've heard of some miracle stories ad it happened to a good friend of mine.
    Last year school had started and enrollment went up so the principal needed to 4 teachers. My friend went to the district office to interview for a substitute position in the district. She made such an impression that the personnel told her that a principal needed to hire teachers. So they told her to go to the school to interview with him. She interviewed with him, and found out she got the job a few hours later. This girl had NO EXPERIENCE in the district. She had NEVER subbed in the district or student taught in the district. She did not know anyone!! She was fresh out of college and had only been looking for a job for 2 months!!
    I'm happy for my friend but SOOOooOOO Jealous!!! How could she get a job and I can't even get one stinkin interview at the school (I subbed there and student taught there!) So frustrating, discouraging and disappointing!!!!

4. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Aug 12, 2006

I got hired 2 days before new teacher orientation my first year teaching (2 years ago). Lucky for me I shared a room so I didn't have to worry to much about classroom setup b/c most of it was done. Only needed to help with the finishing touches. So, I'm holding some hope that things still work out for me (as with those of you who are still looking) although some days I don't feel like "hoping."