I need help.....

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by brandi0718, Nov 16, 2009.

1. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Nov 16, 2009

My class is writing a book (I think it's student treasures or something....) but anyways...It is a book that the parents are able to purchase and I want it to be really cute....I can't think of a good topic for my students to write about....I teach 1st grade so it has to be simple.....Last year I did like Eric Carle's book Brown Bear Brown Bear......Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 16, 2009

I've done student treasures two years now. I've done scribble art and people we look up to. For scribble art, each child got an alphabet letter and "scribbled" a picture that started with their letter and then wrote a story about that object. That one came out super cute! And then for the people we look up to, each child picked someone they look up to and wrote about that person and why the look up to them. This also came out really cute!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 16, 2009

One cute idea might be a book called, I Know My Parents Love Me ... and then each child takes a page to write and illustrate about how they know their parents love them. My nephew once wrote, "Because her kisses me on the lips."

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 16, 2009

Could it just be different topics the children chose on their own, something/someone they're passionate about?

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 16, 2009

How about something fairly open ended:

When I grow up....