i need help

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by collegegirl21, Oct 3, 2005.

1. collegegirl21

collegegirl21 New Member

Oct 3, 2005

i have to do a lesson plan with the theme of the doctors office my concept is that we goto the doctor when we are sick the assignment is to do a texture sensory activity in order to make sure that 3-5 year olds get the concept i have looked in book after book and am not able to find anything can you give me some kind of help :confused:

3. scarlet_begonia

scarlet_begonia Comrade

Oct 3, 2005

You can assemble a few doctor's supplies for them to feel and they can make their own doctor kit by taping/gluing the doctor supplies to a paper doctor bag. You can include a bandaid, cotton ball, q-tip, tounge depressor, white tape that doctors use to wrap with, etc. for each child.

You can also get some gauze and have them "doctor" the dolls or stuffed animals in the room. If you do this, plan a lot of time! The kids will be wrapping and unwrapping for quite some time. Younger children will need shorter pieces of gauze as they tend to tangle them up.

4. Butterfly4

Butterfly4 Comrade

Oct 3, 2005

I just did a really cute project for community helper week with my 4 year olds. We read "Daisy the Doctor" by Felicity Brooks and Jo Litchfield.

Then on black construction paper I had traced a doctor bag shape which the children cut out. I had cut out a "red cross" from construction paper and the children glued it on one side of their doctor bag (this was the front of the bag). We fliped the bags over and on the other side the children glued on tounge depressers, cotton balls, and pieces of gauze. they unwrapped a bandaid and stuck it on, and I tore each a piece of surgical tape and they stuck it on. I'm trying to remember if there was something more....can't remember. You can use anything first-aid related that can be stuck or glued to the construction paper.

The kids loved holding the bags, showing their paernts the front with the red cross and then showing the "inside" with the doctor stuff.

5. scarlet_begonia

scarlet_begonia Comrade

Oct 3, 2005

ps. my children's favorite doctor book is The Shanna Show book. It's called Shanna's Doctor Show.

6. jcg

jcg Cohort

Oct 3, 2005

Butterfly4-- What great ideas!