I need help with Lesson plans!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by emerald115, Dec 15, 2006.

1. emerald115

emerald115 Rookie

Dec 15, 2006

Hi Everyone,

I'm new at teaching, (and i'm teaching pre-k) so I need help knowing exactly what to be targeting and how. Except the range in my class varies so drastically, i don't know what to do! Some kids in my class are very far in advance and are even reading simple words, while others in my class are still working on their first words and identifying letters (half of my class is deaf and hard-of-hearing). I have no idea how to go about this! I don't want to keep one group from advancing further or have a curriculum that passes over the other's heads... should I give them different work or activities?????

HELP!!!

Thanks!

3. mhcooley

mhcooley Companion

Dec 16, 2006

I teach 2nd so I am just giving ideas for Pre-k but I am assuming you could do groups and let the other students do center activities to develop where they are. If they are learning letters let them use different activities to find letters, write letters, form letters, ect. If they can identify words them give them activities to find words, write words,... and if they are reading then find activities to reinforce that. Do your grouping and while you are grouping the others are practicing skills. Hope this helps!!!!;)

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Dec 16, 2006

Hi emerald: Having students at many different levels is common in pre-k, one way we can deal with all the different levels is through centers. Here is a link to my website for pre-k teachers:
    Pre-K Pages if you go to the teachers section there is a page about center time. I group my students and then work with them on their ability levels during centers.
    hope that helps:)