I need help with a working interview lesson!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by JenK26, Nov 14, 2010.

1. JenK26

JenK26 Rookie

Nov 14, 2010

Hey all,
    I need help with some ideas for a working interview lesson for four year olds. I would like to do something with Thanksgiving. Anyone have some good ideas???

3. aeger908

aeger908 Rookie

Nov 15, 2010

teach them about the pilgrims, read them a book (maybe the littlest pilgrim) and have them make corn meal (have them squish corn!)

you could also do the whole may flower lesson, with an art project.

I believe it's always best to teach 4 year olds by reading a picture book about it and then having a short discussion about the book and then a project to go along with it!

good luck! :)

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Nov 15, 2010

My thanksgiving activities typically revolve more around turkeys and feathers and food than the stereotypical first thanksgiving, so I would probably go more with a turkey book and activity. I really like "I know an old lady who swallowed a pie" (thanksgiving food) and 10 Fat Turkeys. (great counting book)

Some ideas, although they do take some prep on your part...

pattern feathers to make a headband (turkey headband if you want)... either you can precut the feathers, or have them do it, depending their scissor skill. Talk about/demonstrate a pattern, then have them make one. You can go simple AB or do more complex ones, depending on their skill level.

You can also give them all the parts to make a turkey (head, body, wings, feet) and have them glue the parts together to make a turkey... this is a good view of their spatial relations :)

Food... cut and glue pictures from newspaper ads or magazines to make a food collage (these are cute on paper plates)... draw what you like to eat at Thanksgiving...