I guess this is really more of a decision to make, more than a problem but this is the situation: I am starting my first year of teaching in the fall, in my subject area of choice, high school Biology. I currently have a position in a brand new beautiful school, where I have already been attending inservices and all the people there are really great, and I think they will be good to work with. The administration seems like they will be great to work with as well. The school is, however, is in a lower income area, but though I understand that will present challenges, I am aware that any school has its own challenges, regardless of the kids socio-economic status. So to sum up, I am definitely satisfied with my current position....then yesterday I got a call from a principal at the career academy in the same district - they are wanting to talk to me about a position as a veterinary science teacher (which would be awesome - I went to vet school a few years ago then left after a year because I realized I wanted to be a teacher) I am definitely rusty on the material, but I love it. This academy is very academically rigorous and there is a waiting list to get in. So I guess my question is, what would you do? First I don't even know if it is possible to transfer to other schools within the same district after a contract has been signed. Does anyone know about this? If it was possible, and everything is equal (pay, assistance, etc.) but it essentially comes down to teaching kids who have to be in your class vs. teaching kids who want to be in your class (they selected the veterinary career track and are committed to it), which would you choose??