I need help from teachers!

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by tiquita22, Jul 3, 2002.

1. tiquita22

tiquita22 Guest

Jul 3, 2002

Hi! My name is Carla. I have the biggest homework of all, I need to collect 100 activities for each of the different areas such as: language, science, math, social studies, etc for a final project to handout in one month. I really need a lot of help because they have to be ideas from other teachers. I would really appreciate if you can help me sending your ideas, to my e-mail: tiquita22@yahoo.com

I would really appreciate all your help!

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 3, 2002

Hi,
    Try perusing this site for ideas. All of them were submitted by teachers...

You should be able to find lots of ideas in the "tips" section as well as the "lessons" section...

4. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Jul 5, 2002

I'd be happy to help, but I have a question - what age group are you looking for? I have many ideas to share with you, but I need to know what age level you need them for first :)

5. tiquita22

tiquita22 Guest

Jul 5, 2002

Thanks Shawn!

Shawn, thanks for answering... the activities I need are for children 3 to 7 years (for Early Childhood). I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks again!

Carla

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 6, 2002

Hi! I have tons of stuff for you if you want to pick an area and let me know so I don't give you something similar to something you may already have.

7. AJK

AJK Pre-k Montessori Teacher

Jul 6, 2002

I too have many many ideas. If you'd like to e-mail me at prekmontessori@aol.com and let me know what subject areas, themes, etc. you'd like some ideas for, maybe some things you're still missing, I'd be happy to help you :)

8. tiquita22

tiquita22 Guest

Jul 7, 2002

Hi Charlie!

Hi! Thanks for answering. I need lots of activities in different areas. Until now, I don't have a lot; and also, I have to translate them into spanish. I would really appreciate if you can send me the ideas you have. For example, I need the activities for different themes such as: rainforest, inventions, oceans, five senses, music, animal groups, etc. I need to collect at least 100 teacher activities and the source or person who gave it to me.
    I would appreciate any cooperation from you, and by the way, I really thank you for your help!

Regards,

Carla

9. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jul 7, 2002

addison welsey book

I hate those kind of assignments but if the teacher gives it back to you then its incredibly worth it to keep!
    I have enjoyed a book called WORKJOBS by mary baratta lorton that is always valuable lessons to learn for early childhood.
    One activity that i adored this year was my own son's kinder. teacher made them have a poetry notebook. She supplied the poems based on seasonal or thematic and then the child stick it in their black/white composition book and on the opposite page, had to draw/illustrate a picture to compliment the poem. The child also had to recite the poems to their parents. Iloved the end results so much that I also collected poems to do the same with my own students and gave my collection to my son's teacher so she can keep them in her own file if she cared to incorporate them with her program. good luck

10. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 13, 2002

My Kindergarteners love to play the following games: Simon Says; I relate it to the senses i.e. "Simon Says touch the part of your body that you use to smell with." We also play "I Spy" using positional words, this game I tend to use as a filler activity. Both games would also be great in Spanish. Good luck!

11. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Jul 13, 2002

Hi! Just an idea, have you thought about looking up ideas on websites? There are many great sites that you can look on to get ideas from other teachers. This site for example has many wonderful ideas, check out the tips section. Two other sites you might want to check are www.preschooleducation.com, and www.perpetualpreschool.com. There are ideas there that should be appropriate for the age group you are looking for. Good luck!

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 21, 2002

Check out this site... http://www.dltk-kids.com/books/index.htm They have activities to go along with favorite stories.

We had to do a project like yours in college but we only had to come up with one idea per activity and then the whole class swapped ideas. We ended up with a HUGE 3-ring binder full of ideas. Most were to high for my little ones though.

13. Sara2teach

Sara2teach Guest

Jul 22, 2002

For the theme- Five senses I use the book City Mouse Country Mouse. You can incorporate so many different senses each mouse is using during their trip in the city or country. I also have the students take a trip and use thier senses.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 29, 2002

PCI Educational Publishing has recently published a themed curriculum for Early Childhood (ages 3-7). Each unit book is packed with cross-curricular activities created by kindergarten teacher, Brenda Burdine Thornton. You can get free downloads of activities, lesson plans, and art patterns at PCI's web site; here's the link: www.pcicatalog.com/ECC

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shawna

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 29, 2002

Also, PCI sells cross-curricular activity books with classroom-tested ideas submitted by teachers. The Best of Mailbox Preschool and Kindergarten books (192 pages each, $23 each) feature art activities, centers, games, bulletin boards, etc. The four Ideas & Activities for Preschool & Kindergarten books (130+ pages each, $12 each) contain flash cards and activity ideas for a variety of subject areas.

http://www.pcicatalog.com/products/...gory=ALL&SubCategory=ALL&StockNumber=MBX1304W

http://www.pcicatalog.com/products/...gory=ALL&SubCategory=ALL&StockNumber=CAR1311W

Shawna
    Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments: sjackson@pcicatalog.com