I need help, asap please! Assignment gone bad

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by buggy mom, Jul 21, 2009.

1. buggy mom

buggy mom Rookie

Jul 21, 2009

I am currently attending college to become a teacher and I have an assignment due for school on sunday. In the assignment I am required to do an interview via email or over the phone with a teacher, the problem is I don't know any as I have no classroom experience as of yet. The problem besides finding a teacher and not knowing any is that I need to find a teacher who has done classroom work last week. I am freaking out here because it is summer break and I doubt anyone will be able to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:dizzy:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 21, 2009

I last taught summer school in the last week of June.

But several people here are teaching summer school.

Does it matter what grade or subject?

4. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2009

I would call a local school and tell them your situation. It is possible that teachers are there working in their rooms or they could lead you to someone.

5. natelukesmom

natelukesmom Companion

Jul 21, 2009

I'm sure your college understands that it is summer break. They may have some creative ideas for you. However, I would call some schools in your area, because our schools do summer school and there are teachers teaching right now. I decided not to teach summer school this year - otherwise I'd help you out. Good Luck!

6. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 21, 2009

This doesn't help the op out much, but on a side note, what is it with college professors assigning these interviews? Is it really beneficial to a preservice teacher?

7. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Jul 21, 2009

I taught summer school through the last week of June if you need help!

8. buggy mom

buggy mom Rookie

Jul 21, 2009

that would be wonderful, I have to write out a list of questions to ask. would you mind if we corresponded via email? That way I could send you all the questions? Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule, this means a lot.

9. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 21, 2009

I'm glad you have been able to find some teachers here to help you--- I remember when I was in college and struggling to get interviews done, set up a meeting with a teacher, or get observations hours in during the semester. And that was while school was in session and it was still difficult!

I would also highly recommend you stick around this site and participate. I joined A to Z while I was student teaching and it helped me survive. You have a pep team of wise teachers here who are filled with humor and love during the most difficult times. During my first year of teaching, I came here often (my post count reflects that :D) and would vent, ask questions, and just fill my brain with inspiration--- keeps you going.

Good luck Buggy Mom!

10. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2009

I would second those thoughts...We had to do several of these interviews (because every professor seemed to think they needed to assign them). I can't remember anything very helpful coming out of them, especially because my college did a great job of getting us into classrooms right away. Those observations and clinical hours were much more meaningful.

11. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2009

I did not teach summer school last week, but I am teaching summer enrichment this week and next week. I will be happy to help if you still have the need to interview someone.

12. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 22, 2009

I did not learn a lot from the extra assignments my edu professors gave me honestly. I've learned more by hanging around these forums than I have from all the college assignments I had :)