I need grant info

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Weazy, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

This will be my second year of teaching, and I'm not familiar with the ins-and-outs of finding available money.

Here's my situation:

We have a computer lab, but there are not enough computers for my students, besides, it is usually booked by another lang. arts teacher. I hate to book it up "just in case". We also have computer carts, but they don't work most of the time, and they are not hooked up to a printer. I would love to have 3 or 4 computers in my classroom for student use. I teach language arts and it would be beneficial to have students working in my room. My principal agrees and does whatever he can to help us out, but I think my request is quite grand on a reduced budget! Also, if other teachers see computers appear in my room, but not in theirs...:unsure:
    I was thinking that possibly there could be grants to assist me in my quest for computers. Can anybody get me started? I don't even know where to begin to look. I live in a poor socio-economic area, and contrary to popular belief, we face cut-backs all the time. In fact, the purse strings have been puuled very tight this year!
    If I can fund computers for my classroom through grant money, I figure nobody has a right to complain. Especially since I took the initiative to go after it. I just need to know how to get started. I'm sure my principal and super. will back me if I find something that might help me. Thanks!:)