I need an idea for passing out books

Discussion in 'Middle School / Junior High' started by Leedy, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Leedy

Leedy Rookie

Aug 13, 2007

Does any one have a suggestion to involve students while I pass out math books
    thanks
    leedy

3. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2007

When I was student teaching my mentor teacher had the students take the stack of books, which he mixed up the numbers too and assign the books by numberical and alphabetical order. The trick? The kids had to figure out who everyone was, put the names in order, then figure out there were some books missing and get the numbers right. Took the whole class period, but everyone knew everyones name when they were done.

4. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Aug 13, 2007

You could prepare a textbook scavenger hunt to make them look through the book and familiarize themselves with it.

5. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 13, 2007

Every student is assigned a number. All books have a number in them. And #1 student is responsible all books a number 1 on them and etc. All books are also label as belonging to. School name and classroom.

6. CarrieB

CarrieB Companion

Aug 13, 2007

I always have the kids come up by rows, grab a book, then they are busy with an assignment (textbook scavenger hunt is always a good one). THen I go around with a pre-printed class roster and write the book # and then I write the students name in the book. (Its an easy way to tell if the book actually belongs to them in the middle of the year or when my team teacher do a tem book check/locker clean-out).

7. Cyndi23

Cyndi23 Companion

Aug 13, 2007

I do a text scavenger hunt as well. I put the questions on the overhead and let them work w/ a partner. I call them up one by one to sign their books out and we go over the scavenger hunt when i'm done! Works well :)