I need advice about school summer employment

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jax123, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Jax123

Jax123 Rookie

Jan 29, 2017

I know many of you are looking for jobs so I don't want to come off like I don't appreciate having a job right now. I currently have a teaching job (took me 5 years to get one) but not in my dream district--the last few months have been horrible. I constantly look for new jobs in better areas. I've been on two interviews and made it to the last round in both districts in the last few months. They gave the jobs to another person so I completely understand how frustrated everyone is.

There is one district I would do anything to be in. Since I hate my current district, I don't want to work in their summer program. I want to apply for summer teaching (even paraprofessional) even if I am just a sub for the summer in my dream district. Has anyone ever apply for summer teaching in a different district they are currently in?

The jobs aren't posted in my dream district but I was thinking about calling/emailing them but I don't know what to say. Any advice????? I'm a Special Ed teacher but also have certifications in Elementary Edu.

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jan 29, 2017

Typically, only current teachers in the district teach summer school. It might be worth a shot to see if they hire external candidates for summer school, but I would focus on securing a job for the next school year instead.